displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: arb end plate - puller
gti-dan

Regular

Post #1
Have searched all over but can not find the thread. What size bolt do i use to screw into the offside end of the ARB, with a washer and nut on to put the ARB into the end plate?

I am not on about the 12mm bolt used to push it off.

It is a hybrid bar of Ash's but i think it is the same as an OE one.

I need to know the bolt size and what size thread.

Cheers.
Posted 3rd Mar 2011 at 22:22
iplay

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Read the rear beam suspension FAQ - M12x1.5 threaded Bolt
Posted 3rd Mar 2011 at 22:27
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
to pull the arb on its M8 x 1.25, standard thread.

Clearance is 0.5mm per side, so fit a 1mm feeler blade to one side and draw the ARB in till the feeler gauge just slides out without excessive force.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 3rd Mar 2011 at 22:40
gti-dan

Regular

Post #4
Cheers you reminded me where the info was but its not an M12 - that is for pushing the ARB off. Its the M8 i was on about which pulls the ARB on. Not sure if it would work with a hybrid though as the there was no hole in the nearside end of the ARB which you need to hold the end plate on whilst you tighten the other end with the M8 bolt.

Technically if you fitted the m8 bolt as you pulled it onto the offside plate you could just be pulling the other other end out of the near side end plate.

I dont know if it would - had to hammer the near side on with a lump hammer, whilst the near side went on relatively easy. maybe its designed like that?!?!
Posted 3rd Mar 2011 at 22:41
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #5
yeah sorry I should have mentioned you do need to put a bolt in the nearside fixed end of the ARB to stop it pulling back out of that end plate.

with the hybrid arb there are no holes or markings which makes fitting them a right fecking faff!

If I had one myself and access to the tooling I'd certainly stick some holes and markings on myself, though IMO there shouldn't be any need for it, seeing as they can make torsion bar just fine which have the holes in them!

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 3rd Mar 2011 at 23:42