displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Urgent immobiliser/fuel pump info
tyerz

Regular

Post #1
Right this is turning into a trauma, Iv done an 8v turbo conversion into my Gti, but the fuel pump aint working/priming I have checked a few things etc an have discovered I have no power at the fuse for the fuel pump in the engine bay? What I need is suggestions why? the bottom fues's have power but the ones on the left down don't?

My other question is could this be the immobiliser kicking in or would there still be power at that fuse?

Please help!!!!
Posted 2nd Mar 2011 at 16:00
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #2
The immobiliser doesn't cut the power to the fuel pump.

It'll most likely be the fuel / ignition double relay not getting power (assuming that's used on the 406 engine?).

Rich
Posted 2nd Mar 2011 at 17:00
tyerz

Regular

Post #3
Someone did say there should be a double click when the ignition is turned on? But I don't have that?

Do you have anymore info on this relay?

Where is it and where is the power supplied from for it? The loom has been made to spice with the 306 loom so everything should be fairly similar
Posted 2nd Mar 2011 at 17:05