displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Rear Brake Caliper Seals HELP!
iplay

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
When i tighten the 2 large bolts that attach the rear brake callipers to the swing arm. This causes the brake sliders to stiffen up to the point of barely moving. I have replaced the slide pins and the bolts. Could the issue be the rubber seals which locate around the slide pins on the inside of the calliper? Any help or suggestions welcome.

Can the rubber seals which sit inside the calliper body and guide the slide pins be replaced?
Posted 3rd Mar 2011 at 12:29
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
yes the seals etc cna be replaced, though if the bolts and pins have been replaced it may be a bent bracket.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 28th Feb 2011 at 20:55
iplay

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
welshpug! wrote:
yes the seals etc cna be replaced, though if the bolts and pins have been replaced it may be a bent bracket.

Peugeot do 4 different brake kits for the rear brakes. Do you know which brake kit has these seals? or where i can get them from?

edit: I purchased a break kit - part number 15 below. there are 2 seals which might fit inside part 6 to locate the slider pins ... are these for another part of the brakes because surely there should be 4 seals not 2? (there are two seals holding in each slider pin = 4)

Has anyone replaced the slide pin inner seals? and where do i get the seals?
Posted 1st Mar 2011 at 19:56
iplay

Seasoned Pro

Post #4

photo thanks to Dave! Whistle

the 2 round seals on the right of the photo ... hmm actually these are 2 different sized seals so can't be for the slider pins ... the same kit i have from pug has 2 seals the same size and i wondered why there was not 4 in the kit ... anyone know what the 2 seals are for?

Anyone know where I can get some rear slide-pin seals?
Posted 3rd Mar 2011 at 12:31