displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Phase 3 seat removal
djmobi

Regular

Post #1
Hello Guru's,

I have used the search facility and read several threads regarding removing the front side airbag seats off of a phase 3 and I am still a little confused.

I will hopefully be getting my Gti6 in a week or so. The first thing I will be doing is putting a new stereo system in it. Replacing speakers and head unit, Running speakers off of a four channel amp and running a seperate amp and sub.

I have done this several times and normally remove all seats to make the install a little easier.

My question is this:

If I remove the front seats and unplug tensioner and airbag wires, will this cause any warning lights or issues with the airbags? I will not be replacing the seats with buckets or earlier phase seats, I will simply put the seats back in when finished.

Cheers People

Success is moving from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Gti6 Astor Grey
Posted 24th Feb 2011 at 16:43
jardo

Regular

Post #2
If you disconnect the battery for a good 10 mins first then do so I should think you'll be ok.

Thats the procedure I did with mine when repairing the rails and I didn't have any lights pop up Smile
Posted 24th Feb 2011 at 16:48
djmobi

Regular

Post #3
great news. Thanks for your help

Success is moving from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Gti6 Astor Grey
Posted 24th Feb 2011 at 17:47