displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Alarm led
scottycollard

Junior User

Post #1
Hi there I was just wondering is the led for the alarm is ment to be on all time when I am driving the car it goes out when I park it up and it flashes when it's locked the rest of the alarm works fine cheers
Posted 23rd Feb 2011 at 01:42
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #2
Common fault. It means your alarm siren is broken.

It gets water damaged due to its location under the passenger side wing. You can look for a replacement but most second hand ones will be in a similar condition. The siren from a 106 is a safer bet for a second hand one as they are better protected.

Please have a search before posting though. This question was asked by someone else only 6 days ago, and searching for 'alarm led' would have found you an answer.

Rich
Posted 23rd Feb 2011 at 01:54
pugjim

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Rich E wrote:

It gets water damaged due to its location under the passenger side wing. You can look for a replacement but most second hand ones will be in a similar condition. The siren from a 106 is a safer bet for a second hand one as they are better protected.

Please have a search before posting though. This question was asked by someone else only 6 days ago, and searching for 'alarm led' would have found you an answer.

Do you know if ones from a 206 GTi are the same?
Posted 23rd Feb 2011 at 02:03
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
pugjim wrote:
Rich E wrote:

Do you know if ones from a 206 GTi are the same?

Alot if not all are.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 23rd Feb 2011 at 02:05
scottycollard

Junior User

Post #5
Ok thanks I will have a look at it thanks
Posted 23rd Feb 2011 at 03:50