displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Gti6 cat v D turbo cat
peetypug

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Hi
The cat on my gti 6 (S reg) is cracked, a mate has a cat from a d turbo, also an s reg. Would this fit?
I dont really want to fully disable it and roll around for ages under it, only to find it doesn't fit
Cheers guys

Pete

Cherry rallye - DOB Thursday 29/04/1999
Team Rallye - the leaner, meaner, better looking sister of the GTI6 Big grin
roland rat wrote:
You sir either live for the 6 or have a mental retardation to still be repairing this!

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fecking temperamental. 
Posted 22nd Feb 2011 at 23:19
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #2
No, they have different shape & length downpipes.

Plus, petrol and diesel catalytic converters are different in internal construction anyway due to the contents of the exhaust gasses being different.

Rich
Posted 23rd Feb 2011 at 00:05
woody.

Senior User

Post #3
As stated, diesels use a DPF (diesel particulate filter) whereas PERV's use a catalytic converter and are not interchangeable.
Posted 27th Feb 2011 at 05:19
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #4
Not quite. Diesel engines use catalytic converters as well as petrol engines, they are just a different type designed to clean diesel exhaust rather than petrol exhaust.

Although particulate filters are commonplace these days the 306 predates the European requirement to use them so only a catalytic converter is used.

On modern diesel engines the catalytic converter and particulate filter are usually combined into the same part for easy replacement though.

Rich
Posted 27th Feb 2011 at 05:49
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #5
flange is too small too.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 27th Feb 2011 at 12:56
woody.

Senior User

Post #6
I should've never question you Rich LOL I'll go back to just reading the forums!
Posted 27th Feb 2011 at 23:09