displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: clarion tape to cd player
mrdeey

Regular

Post #1
hi , i have a phase 1 GTI-6 and i want to replace the standard clarion tape unit with a clarion cd player from a phase 3 , i have obtained a later stalk for volume control and that works fine , only problem is , when i turn the ignition off and back on again the player keeps asking for the code , other than that it works fine , any idea,s please ?

now new booted , boosted and flying again!
Posted 22nd Feb 2011 at 01:00
jakeypoo

Regular

Post #2
I'm having the same problem!

Anyone shed any light on this?
Posted 16th Apr 2011 at 15:59
mrdeey

Regular

Post #3
the answer is the ignition feed and permanent live supplies are reversed , i just moved the fuse up in the fuse box so the assesories are live all the time , you just have to make sure you turn the radio off when you leave the car or else you may flatten the battery!

now new booted , boosted and flying again!
Posted 16th Apr 2011 at 23:40
24seven

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
As above, the permanent live and (ignition) switched live are reversed. The uni itself should have a sticker on it labelling each of the wires, so if they're easy to unplug and swap round either do that or just cut and join them the other way round.

Ph1 306 GTi 6 | RX8 231 S1 | YBR 125 Cafe Racer | MT-03 660
Posted 20th Apr 2011 at 18:14
toms306

Post #5
Swap the two thicker wires on the power plug. There are 4, (on my early ph2) one green/yellow (earth), one little orange (can't remember what thats for) and the other two are pink and white IIRC, those are the two that need changing.

I swapped a tape player for a ph3 CD and the above worked fine for me. Smile
Posted 22nd Apr 2011 at 14:28