displaying posts 1 to 8 of 8

Author Subject: Clutch juddering
gti-dan

Regular

Post #1
Clutch is biting very high and juddering as I set off unless given plenty of revs. Had the feeling it was slipping rather than wheels spinning on hard starts. Sound like it's going? Or could it be clutch cable or something simple?

What is best for a bit of track work etc? Nit sure I want to go to extent of a cerametalic ultra hard unforgiving clutch but maybe a but better than standard.
Posted 22nd Feb 2011 at 00:32
Scrompy

Aka Quagmire83

Post #2
Definately the clutch that needs changing. A standard Valeo clutch will be fine.

X-Box Live gamertag: Scrompy

PS3 tag: Scrompy

Posted 22nd Feb 2011 at 01:11
billyboy99

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
this happened to me last night. i dont know if it was cos i was tired and not putting much effort/concentration in but trying to move off first gear the car was juddering (and creaking), regardless of how much i was revving it.

Only got the car on Saturday so if the clutch has gone, i am gonna be hearing a lot of 'i told you so's'. !
Posted 24th Feb 2011 at 18:02
billyboy99

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
also does it mess the clutch up if u press it too hard. Anything less than all the way in really hard, the gear change is tough. but it feels like im gonna mess the clutch up pressing that hard in. ??
Posted 24th Feb 2011 at 18:03
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
You might put excessive strain on the cable, but the release arm will only go so far...

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 27th Feb 2011 at 14:56
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
billyboy99 wrote:
also does it mess the clutch up if u press it too hard

As Chris says, you'll only damage it if you're yanking the cable. Get someone to look at the clutch arm under the bonnet as you press the pedal, the point where the arm stops moving is the point where you should stop pushing.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 27th Feb 2011 at 15:05
vernam616

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Sachs or a LUK mate

Had a Valeo fitted to the Rallye and it failed instantly, apparently theres a bad batch floating around, i must have been one of them

Luckily the garage replaced it with no quibbles for a SACHS unit, and it was cock on

Audi S3 Black Edition
Posted 28th Feb 2011 at 00:49
billyboy99

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
everything seems to be fine now. think it's cos i wasnt revving enough... (serves me right for being a tight-ass with the revs/petrol :~)
Posted 28th Feb 2011 at 19:54