displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: vibration at speed
dan164

Post #1
only just started doing it recently, have put on cyclones since and vibration is still their, has new wishbones on due to the usual bushes being split. the vibration feels like its from the rear, cant get any play in anything, only notice it when doing 70 or above, rear mounts possibly?
Posted 13th Feb 2011 at 00:14
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Wheels will more than likely be out of balance. Cyclones are notoriously difficult to balance correctly by most people!

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 13th Feb 2011 at 01:19
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Get balancing checked first job,and while wheels are off clean up the mating surfaces between
wheel and hubWink

Just remembered a tyre place once told me balancing machines only balance upto 70mph Roll eyes
Not sure if thats correct.

Pretty sure beam mounts would show up as bad handling rather than vibration?Unsure

Does it do it on all road surfaces,or just bumpy ones etc?

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 13th Feb 2011 at 15:42
dan164

Post #4
it had speedlines on it and it just started vibrating, it would sit at stupid mph and be as smoothe as you like, one day going to work i noticed the vibration, never went in a pothole or anything, i thought wheel balancing, put cyclones on with the same tyres, balanced and its still doing it. you can feel it through the wheel slightly but mainly the seat, no difference under braking or pulling the handbrake, its got me stumped
Posted 13th Feb 2011 at 18:36
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
dan164 wrote:
it had speedlines on it and it just started vibrating, it would sit at stupid mph and be as smoothe as you like, one day going to work i noticed the vibration, never went in a pothole or anything, i thought wheel balancing, put cyclones on with the same tyres, balanced and its still doing it. you can feel it through the wheel slightly but mainly the seat, no difference under braking or pulling the handbrake, its got me stumped

Same tyres off Speedlines onto Cyclones?

Could be a knackered/lumpy tyre?Unsure

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 14th Feb 2011 at 01:51
dan164

Post #6
gonna have a real good look tomroorw, it allways felt like it came from the back, now its alot more through the wheel so fingers crossed its a tyre
Posted 14th Feb 2011 at 03:42