displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: ABS not working after brake rebuild
lars

Post #1
Last fall I was breaking my 6 for spares when a new engine fell into my garage and the car was brought back to life. As part of braking it I drained the brake fluid completely and removed the discs and callipers. After crossing my fingers and re-filling the system the brakes feel absolutely fine, but I noticed in the car park after work when playing in the snow, that my ABS no longer works. My wheels are locking up!

I suspect this is related to me draining the system, can the ABS "unit" be bled on its own? Or should I suspect more expensive repairs?

By the way, the only brake warning light I get is the one stating my brake pads are worn, and I have a new pair waiting in the garage.
Posted 12th Feb 2011 at 03:50
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
If your playing in the snow then and locking the wheels up etc this will confuse the system and think its not working. Have you driven it since the light came on?
Posted 12th Feb 2011 at 13:17