displaying posts 151 to 172 of 172

Pages (7): first .. 5 6 [7]

Author Subject: Rallye stage rally car.
devere

Senior User

Post #151
If you check out the pictures on here, you will see that I may have good reason for adding some other fixings also!!

http://rallygallery.com/2015_DS.aspx?Page=34
Posted 28th Apr 2015 at 22:19
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #152
Bonnet looks like its trying to eat something, number plate doesn't look quite right either!

Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 1
Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 2
Lap of the 'ring
Posted 28th Apr 2015 at 22:50
devere

Senior User

Post #153
Been doing good little bits and pieces to the car. But been getting some good use out of it this year too.

Done 3 events in belgium since the previous pictures of its first outing over here.

First one was going well, up until a misfire occurring and gradually getting worse. Found that 2 injectors had gone down... at the same time pretty much. Neither were flowing bugger all. Bit of a downer. Combine that with the gear stick snapping off and the clutch cable breaking. It was an interesting day...

Second event much better. Brought her home 40th overall out of 120 odd cars and 2nd in the 2 litre class. Went well all day til about to go over the final podium and a nasty engine rattle. Cue lots of frantic pushing and towing. A bolt holding the trumpets on the throttle bodies had come loose and been eaten by the engine we eventually found. So rebuilt the bottom end. Repaired the head and she's back together.

Got out for another rally 3 weeks ago. Came 3rd in class and 37th overall. Was pleased with the rebuilt engine performing well still.

Got some video clips put together I just uploaded. Il link below. I'm not throwing it about too much yet, and the footage doesn't look hugely fast but we were going well!

https://youtu.be/GskwNOjYa9M
Posted 29th Aug 2015 at 21:14
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #154
Sounds awesome, goes through the gearbox well! No heel and toe downshifts I think? Safer not to in rallying?

Rallye Race Car
Posted 29th Aug 2015 at 21:54
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #155
Goes & sounds amazing Martin ....really well done Thumbs up

Love the Box & changes !

The Aero catch pin that broke was it the Red alloy ones ?....had one break & told them ...they sent me silver steel ones Thumbs up
Posted 30th Aug 2015 at 00:03
devere

Senior User

Post #156
Yes they were red alloy pins that I had one snap. Replaced for a spare I found and OK so far. Altho they do keep coming loose. I think mainly because the bonnet trying to balloon up in the middle is pulling them in so hard maybe.

And no I don't heel and toe. It's not something I've practised too much to be honest. The pedals are close enough for it for sure. But with having no servo, I'm standing on the brake pedal hard anyway, and the clutch is crazy heavy also I've not thought about trying it to much.

I'd like to master the clutchless down changes but I'm a bit scared of practising that and munching some gears to be honest.

I'm going to get a non dished steering wheel next rather than the dished one I have at the moment. I need to move my seat a tad further forward to make the clutch easier, but I'm getting too close to the wheel if I move any more! Although steering wheels are too expensive for what they are...!!!
Posted 29th Aug 2015 at 23:36
devere

Senior User

Post #157
Ive not really done much updating of this for a while. Nearly a year even!

When I had the head repaired last time it seemed alright to start with but obviously wasn't at the end of the day.

I ended up having to get a whole new head done as the previous repairs managed to end up leaving none of the exhaust valves seating, a broken valve spring appearing from somewhere and to top it off the one of the buckets under the cam appeared to have been fitted with a hammer.

Anyway, I had a new head done that was far better than the previous one even when new. All going very well now. Making just under 240hp and 235nm torque.

First time out with it I managed 32nd out of 120 cars, and second in the 1600-2000cc class. We were 3 seconds off first in class!

A loose alternator and loosing the belt brought an end to the last rally despite starting off fairly well.

I should have a clip here the other half took as one of the stages went past the service area. A shame the intercom wasn't a bit clearer as I backed off a bit more than I needed to for the corner. Nothing worse than not being 100% certain on the direction of the upcoming corner!

Here's the short but sweet clip.

https://youtu.be/YcrP38MssEk
Posted 15th Aug 2016 at 20:03
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #158
Impressive

What's the specs of the engine?
Posted 15th Aug 2016 at 20:31
devere

Senior User

Post #159
Jenvey 45s. With a maxi style airbox.
Kent PT84 cams and Kent valve train. Solid lifters etc.
Well worked head.
4-2-1 manifold and self made 2.5 inch exhaust.
High compression pistons and forged rods.
Omex 600 ecu.

Think that's most of it...
Posted 15th Aug 2016 at 21:16
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #160
Didn't you buy my old Omex?

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 20th Aug 2016 at 10:29
devere

Senior User

Post #161
daveyboy wrote:
Didn't you buy my old Omex?

Not me I'm afraid...!

I picked the omex up with the jenveys several years ago now.
Posted 20th Aug 2016 at 13:27
devere

Senior User

Post #162
Not managed to add much to this thread for quite a while it seems.!

Not done much with the car for about a year it seems. But as I'm getting ready to rally in 2 weeks I thought I'd update a little.

I decided to have the car remapped this week. I felt it was good before and running well but started finding little niggles. So with that in mind I had it redone at a place nearby.

I'm very glad I did as they did a grand job. Best it's ever run. They were very thorough and extremely knowledgeable and helpful. There is a link below to a video of it on the rollers. Getting tested under heavy load. And generally sounding good.

https://youtu.be/V7IzUPoC77A

Posted 7th Apr 2018 at 22:37
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #163
Sounding good
Posted 7th Apr 2018 at 22:51
miki4

Regular

Post #164
Sounds great. Where did you get it remapped?
Posted 8th Apr 2018 at 10:50
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #165
Love it Martin Thumbs up
Posted 8th Apr 2018 at 19:39
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #166
Sounds nice Thumbs up

Goldie the track car.
Posted 8th Apr 2018 at 22:27
devere

Senior User

Post #167
quote:
[quote="miki4"]Sounds great. Where did you get it remapped?

Went to a place called Hybrid Tune. They are near Stradbroke in Suffolk.
Really nice guys and very knowledgeable. Www.hybridtune.co.uk
Posted 11th Apr 2018 at 19:32
superchargedblack1997gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #168
Sounds great and looks to be competitive in the previous videos.

Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club
Posted 11th Apr 2018 at 20:26
99rallye

Regular

Post #169
That. Sounds.amazing!
Posted 12th Apr 2018 at 20:56
devere

Senior User

Post #170
So after having had a successful preparation of the car before getting her out on a rally, the weekend ended up a bit of a let down..!

Got caught out by a thunderstorm while on the dry tyres. Some mud caught me out so I ended up on a hedge.. not too bad but took a lot of spectators to get it off! A hidden post in the hedge meant the radiator ended up with a couple if holes.

So Wednesday I ordered a probably too expensive new rad, but it's s cracking piece. Some pics here compared to the 205 direnza rad that bit the dust. Click the pics to see them bigger..

Far more surface area and much better angled inlet and outlet pipes. So let's hope I can get it fixed in place easy enough!
Posted 29th Apr 2018 at 11:34
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #171
Where's the rad from? Looks really good!

Rallye Race Car
Posted 14th May 2018 at 12:13
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #172
Looks a great fit Martin Thumbs up
Posted 14th May 2018 at 17:41

Pages (7): first .. 5 6 [7]