displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Will other XU sumps fit?
devere

Senior User

Post #1
Just a quick one. Will the sump off another XU engine fit the 6 engine? Was just contemplating whether the 205 sumps would fit, then if it was worth trying somethig like the Constella sump baffles, that bolt between the sump and engine.

Not having access to any 205 parts at the moment, so i cant compare.

And has anyone used the sump baffles by Constella, or are they not worth trying?
Posted 7th Feb 2011 at 22:47
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
mi16 and gti6 have the same stud pattern, but the mi sump is bare whereas the gti6 has the trapdoor

i know the gti6 sump is a good budget upgrade on the mi engines but i have no idea if the mi sump fits the gti6 engine. not somthing many people want to do

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 7th Feb 2011 at 22:56
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
I have the baffled MI16/S16 sump on my gti6 engine.

I don't think the constella baffle kit will fit the gti6 due to the windage tray.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 7th Feb 2011 at 22:59
devere

Senior User

Post #4
Hmmm. Looks like im going to have to get creative then! Not sure my budget is stretching to a baffle kit at the moment! Im still saving for a clutch!
Posted 7th Feb 2011 at 23:23
devere

Senior User

Post #5
Has anyone ever tried anything like this idea? Instead of going to the trouble of finding an ally welder, how about welding baffles that hang from the windage tray...? With the addition of a trapdoor either side, could this be a good alternative?

Posted 10th Feb 2011 at 03:46