displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Intermittent firing on three cylinders
fozzy_255

Senior User

Post #1
Ive tried searching but i dont think im using the right phrase as nothing is coming up Sad

Problem i have is my car will start no problems but randomly whilst driving just lose a cylinder and engine light comes on. Sometimes this can last all time till i stop car and leave it to cool then starts again no problem, but then again soon enough it goes back to three Crazy

Originally this was only happening after a long journey and turning the car back on after journey of no problems to be on three again.

I thought it could be coil packs or spark plugs but checked these and they seem fine.

What else could it be maybe injectors, whats the best way of knowing which cylinder isn't working.

Sorry for the small essay, any help will be appreciated thankyou

John
Posted 2nd Feb 2011 at 01:29
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Coil pack failing by the sounds of things
Posted 2nd Feb 2011 at 01:30
fozzy_255

Senior User

Post #3
I have a spare set so i guess i will be swapping them all over. Unless there is a way to find out which one is knackered

If that fails what else should i try?
Posted 2nd Feb 2011 at 01:31
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
when its firing on three start to disconnect the injectors till you disconnect the one that makes no difference to it running on three Wink
Posted 2nd Feb 2011 at 01:31
fozzy_255

Senior User

Post #5
Ok will give that a go, unplug injectors not coilpacks?
Posted 2nd Feb 2011 at 01:32