displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: s16/xsi
noaki

Senior User

Post #1
ok as you no ive just got a shed of an s16 for cheep so im weighing up the options do i fix it or do i brake it of so the gear box is much much muuuuch nicer then my xsis one so my question is this will an s16 gear box fit my xsi and if so will it gear differently!

Team ex "manstone" - "THATS TO LOW!!"..."I KNOW!" Sad

Team defeat - bring on the *06! :/
Posted 31st Jan 2011 at 06:06
rikky 🦔

Post #2
probably yes but i imagine itll be a cable driven speedo drive so youd need the electric one

i have an xsi box on an s16 engine, doesnt seem to be any different in terms of actual feel although the ratios are slightly different. bono f*cked around with the clutch to make it all work i think and it hasn't been apart since

no idea what you are doing but it sounds like you are building a headache from 2 big pieces of middle-class parts if i am honest!

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 31st Jan 2011 at 06:17