displaying posts 851 to 855 of 855

Pages (35): first .. 33 34 [35]

Author Subject: Goldie the track car
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #851
One other note, had a look at the engine histogram on the DTA earlier to see how long the old engine had spent under various conditions.

Pretty reliable considering it's a 20+ year old engine that was never intended to see boost, yet it spent so long at such high revs. This only indicates the abuse it's had since going to standalone management, before then it had probably similar if not more abuse but without any boost LOL
20190907_154141 by Steve Count, on Flickr

quote:
Goldie the track car.

[quote="rikky"]never trust a man in a nike hoodie. i used to wear nike hoodies when i used to be a bad man, and i was not to be trusted.
Posted 8th Sep 2019 at 00:32
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #852
Did you find why cylinder 1 compression was down specifically?

what Camber are you running?

With 3deg and my bc coil overs I have to run a 15mm spacer for the pro races to clear the shocks which is why I’ve stayed with 195’s so watching closely as would like to go to 205’s but not sure it’ll be possible
Posted 8th Sep 2019 at 09:26
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #853
No I didn't, I've been concentrating on getting the car ready for the ring and don't own a leak down tester yet. I could pull the head off and have a look but the engine is currently sat in the dining room so it's neater to leave as one built up unit for now Laugh

I measured the camber on my not perfectly level drive and it showed 2.8 degrees of negative camber.
How have you achieved your camber?
My wheels are spaced out slightly further than a standard setup as it is as I had to move the wheel out to get the clearance for the brakes. If I remember I'll measure how thick the spacer and the bell are when I'm out stripping it down in a bit.

quote:
Goldie the track car.

[quote="rikky"]never trust a man in a nike hoodie. i used to wear nike hoodies when i used to be a bad man, and i was not to be trusted.
Posted 8th Sep 2019 at 10:57
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #854
Tbh id have to find the geo sheet as may well be more like yours and not an exact 3deg as such,
but using baker bm mounts with suspension turrets cut to suit so nothing special as such - rear is on bridgecraft machined arms
Posted 9th Sep 2019 at 16:40
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #855
I measured the spacer earlier, it's 10mm. I'm pretty sure i machined the bell to 8mm thick so the wheel is basically 18mm from the flange face when bolted up.

I think you asked a while ago about how i'd done the arb, i finally got a clearer picture which hopefully shows how mine is done. It's far from perfect but does the job.
20190826_183942 by Steve Count, on Flickr

I took my KW's off yesterday, the damper with the snapped spring seems to be kaput. Literally no damping in effect if you compress it then pull the shaft as if it was going into droop. Played with it again tonight and it seems to be doing it both ways now. Doh
I decided it was unrealistic to send them off and hope to get them fixed and returned before the trip to Germany, luckily my mate Rob offered for me to borrow his Gaz Golds for a couple of weeks as he wont be using his track car until i'm back.
Few hours later my car now has his dampers fitted Big grin
20190909_181047 by Steve Count, on Flickr

They're running 350lb springs so pretty much the same as my KW's were.
Dropped down to see what sort of ride height it's at i don't think it's a million miles from what the KW's were, i may raise it a little bit tomorrow though to help move the tyre away from the bumper/wing.
Once the ride height is somewhere close i can adjust and set the anti roll bar droplink, then double check the tracking hasnt changed then that's the suspension done.
20190909_183536 by Steve Count, on Flickr

I had a look and these Gaz's are running 8" springs, the spring cups sit above the top of the tyre so there's no chance the tyre could ever touch them. My KW's were the same. I think the Bridgecraft top mounts help in regards to this as they keep the spherical bearing high in the turret so naturally the spring cups need to be higher up on the damper.

Now i need to decide what i'm going to do with the KW's, they've done me proud over the years, i had a quick look around and one place wants ~£100-125 each damper to service & re-valve. So i reckon by the time i've sent them off, got them sorted and bought a pair of new springs i'm going to be a minimum of £300 in. Part of me is now tempted to just put that money towards something a bit more capable. I think i'll get in touch with B.A.D and see how much i'd be looking at for a pair of their 3-ways. Hmm

quote:
Goldie the track car.

Posted 9th Sep 2019 at 19:52

Pages (35): first .. 33 34 [35]

Pug1Off