displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Dim battery light
levon1987

Post #1
last night i noticed that my baterry light is still on when driving (not bright like when your engine is off and you turn the key) but dim. This morning same thing when rev the car the dim light goes off (1100+revs)when im statiomery and paly with electrics no change lights stay dim only when i use electric windows the go brighter and dimmer...also i noticed a strange noise goming in the backround again when rev my car goes away...alternator???fuse???relay??? any ideas
Posted 25th Jan 2011 at 12:18
smithers

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Sounds altenator related - got a similair problem on the others halfs micra.

Maybe get a voltmeter onto the battery and see what the charging voltage is with the car running Thumbs up

1997 Black GTi6
smithers205 at hotmail.com
Posted 26th Jan 2011 at 00:39
james_gti6

Senior User

Post #3
A diode has gone down in the rectifer,

if i dont see you in the mattress il see you in the spring
Posted 26th Jan 2011 at 02:26
levon1987

Post #4
fixed!!! checked battery with a multimetr looked ok-ish {charging}...added some fluid into the battery,sprayed some stain remover and oil remover into the alternator,then find out that my rear ights are full with water cleaned and dried them...checked the battery after use againg looked ok...and after some driving the dim light and that strange noise were gone.....
Posted 26th Jan 2011 at 03:57