displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Anyone used this AP Clutch
devere

Senior User

Post #1
Just wondering if anyone on here has used the clutch in the link below.

AP Clutch

They do a 'pull clutch' design of this. So suitable for the 306. It says the flywheel needs a step machining on it for fitting and use.

So if anyone has used it, or a clutch needing a stepped flywheel, was this easy to get done?

I hope to be running a RichW lightened flywheel, so hoping its all possible.
Posted 23rd Jan 2011 at 01:36
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
Don't know offhand who's used them, but you can convert to a push type clutch release arm, probably make for a cheaper clutch as well as quicker gearbox changes when necessary, you can also get rid of the self adjust ratchet in the cable by using a late ZX Clutch cable Smile

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 23rd Jan 2011 at 02:35
devere

Senior User

Post #3
Oh can you now...? What do you need to convert the clutch arm? The arm off a specific car? And is it a straight swap, as in take oe out, put one in and no other mods?

Im guessing you would then use bearings etc related to to different clutch arm?
Posted 23rd Jan 2011 at 02:39
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
just the shaft/fork from a push clutch gearbox, lots of them about, I think its the n/a diesel 306, and the 1.8 engine in the 306 and 406.

as well as the BE3 205's, petrol or diesel.

use new bushes indeed, for £2 its daft not to, you'll need the clutch arm to go with it.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 23rd Jan 2011 at 02:47
devere

Senior User

Post #5
I run a 205 BE3 box as it is anyway. So i shall check to see what i have remaining of a spare one we used when the last one cracked all the way round!

So basically with the cutch arm setup on te BE3 box, thats all il need to run a puch setup? It would be the release bearing from the BE3 box to go with it then?
Posted 23rd Jan 2011 at 02:53
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #6
ahh so you're already on a push clutch. you need to buy a clutch from AP for a BX 16v/405 1.9 MI16 then (NOT a 2.0)

gotta be planning something pretty special engine wise to need a clutch like this surely?

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 23rd Jan 2011 at 02:56
devere

Senior User

Post #7
No, unfortunately its using the pull clutch. Has the 6 clutch arm setup in the be3 box. So it basically needs to be converted back im guessing! lol.

I cant remember whether the box we used for parts had the arm on it or not.

And the engine should be special enough when its all sorted and put together! Just the last few bits to buy like the clutch and flywheel before its off for balancing and the final build up.
Posted 23rd Jan 2011 at 03:09