displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: front disc/pads
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
hi all, after using the search button i have read loads of reviews of discs and pads. i was thinking about getting some brembo disc and either green pads stuff or ferodo ds2500 ,which ones would you suggest?

i read on hear about some problems with the ferodo ds2500 weraing out in like 600miles,what are everyones thought on these now? i plan to do a few track days this year so any other advice on what disc and pad setup to get would be very helpfull.
Posted 19th Jan 2011 at 01:59
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Not much in it really, I had Ferodos and they were fine; other people had them disintegrate. It does appear to be luck of the draw when it comes to the Ferodos. As it's a light car (and I seem to remember EBC have just changed their compound for the better?) I'd go with the green stuff personally.

Brembo discs I also ran without issue.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 19th Jan 2011 at 14:34
jim01uk

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Discs I would get the cheap ones from buypartsby, about £11 each and then spend the saved money on decent pads like Mintex M11144, M1155 or the Ferodo DS2500. I have used all 3 on different cars without issue, never heard of them wearing out in 600 miles - unless that is 600 track miles, in which case I guess it would happen. Get yourself some decent fluid too, I found ATE Super Blue from GSF to be very good for the money.
Posted 19th Jan 2011 at 15:02