displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Omex wiring. Assembled loom....
devere

Senior User

Post #1
I have an OMex 600 ecu i am going to use. I have all the necessary parts like the coil pack and leads etc. It has the ready assembled loom, which has all connectors etc for sensors.

What i want to know, is will any of the original pug loom, need mating to the omex loom? Or is it a case of 'plug and play' so to speak? Im just wondering if i need to do sme chopping and changing of wires, or whether its as simple as out with the old engne part to the loom, and in with the new?

ANy advice from people that have set it up would help. I have spoken via pm to a couple of people, but its just getting things 100% clear in my mind what is needed.

It could be the difference between me fitting it all, or having to get in an expert! haha!
Posted 18th Jan 2011 at 02:26
miles

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Depends on your wiring knowledge really,
All of the old engine loom needs to be removed and replaced with new really, you can bodge the old sensors etc up but it's not the best practice as with new stuff it will be allot neater too
As for plug and play it's normally far from that as the universal loom is just that, one reason why I only use the semi ass one

306 Rallye Sptint/Race Car, 205 CTI 1.9 8v to name a few

Road, Track and Race/Rally car preparation to your personal requirements,
Full Workshop & Diagnostic Facilities
New and Second parts, from Plugs to Turbo's
We now also carry out Routine Servicing
www.pugracing.com

& FB Page, https://www.facebook.com/PugRacing

Ebay; http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pug-Racing-Shop

2012/2013/2014/2019 Class Winners at Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb & Joint overall, Class record too along the way,
Posted 18th Jan 2011 at 02:37
devere

Senior User

Post #3
Thats fair enough. My wiring is poor, but my old man is the wiring expert. What i will need to know tho, is what needs to be added in and connected to what?

Obviously the new loom takes care of the majority of the main sensors on the engine, but what else gets removed with the old loom coming out? And where do they then need adding in to the new one?
Posted 18th Jan 2011 at 02:43