displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Air hose size?
woody.

Senior User

Post #1
I don't suppose anyone knows the size of the pipe that goes from the ICV to the pipe before the throttle body?

Reason is that I'm putting a breather filter on the end of the pipe as it's broken and giving me idle issues.

Thanks

Dan
Posted 18th Jan 2011 at 00:29
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #2
19mm ID. The pipe being broken won't affect the idle though.

Rich
Posted 18th Jan 2011 at 02:03
woody.

Senior User

Post #3
Ahh right? So if there's a hole in the main air intake pipe will this not affect the idle? I've just replaced the ICV but the problem is still persisting? French aye!
Posted 18th Jan 2011 at 02:51
gti-dan

Regular

Post #4
What are the symptoms? A hole there is upstream of all sensors, throttle, icv etc.
Posted 18th Jan 2011 at 23:32
woody.

Senior User

Post #5
The pipe that goes to the ICV has come away from the main intake pipe going into the throttle body causing a slight hole. I put some tape on it and it's seemed to have sorted it!

Symptoms were stalling when depressing the clutch coming up to junctions, revs would just drop.

I was going to put a breather filter on the pipe and seal the main intake pipe. Would that be alright?

Thanks!
Posted 18th Jan 2011 at 23:53
gti-dan

Regular

Post #6
That would be fine
Posted 27th Jan 2011 at 01:00
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Idling issues are most likely from bits of crap getting to the ICV with the unfiltered air and causing it to stick occasionally, might be worth a clean.

My inlet piping was f*cked so i replaced it with some alloy tube to the air filter and a mini filter on the ICV Thumbs up

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 27th Jan 2011 at 01:35