displaying posts 1 to 14 of 14

Author Subject: Radio Code (PU2294A)
simonjames

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Is there an easy method to de-coding the phase 3 cd player ?

All South Wales Members Click Here
Team Supercharged Black RALLYE ™ (Click Here for Build Project)
MY EBAY ITEMS

Posted 13th Jan 2011 at 04:18
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Yes Pay Peugeot. I had my hopes dashed by a member that said they could decode them. It seemingly turned out to be the +1, +2 method that doesn't work on a PU2294-A Sad

I've got 3 different stereos with known codes so someone who knows some good maths must know the algorithm to work them out. Luke hasn't offered a free answer either especially considering I know the VIN and plate that the unknown stereo has come out off and needs decoding.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 13th Jan 2011 at 05:04
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
The online websites can do it. I can't remember which one I've used but it worked.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 13th Jan 2011 at 08:46
d-london

Post #4
I have exactly the same problem. The online sites I've checked out seem to be as, Thugpug says, the 1+ etc system.

Seriously frustrating! You can hold down the band button while pressing on the on button to override the code request, but it only lasts for about 2 minutes.

I would be extremely greatfull it you have any ideas on how to unlock it. The Serial is:

CL0339X026869

What are the other options?

Pay Peugeot? How much is that? +£70?
Buy a new head unit which doesn't fit the space?

Advice much appreciated!
Posted 20th Feb 2011 at 23:42
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
The standard stereos are w*nk anyway.

I dont see the point of paying peugeot to decode it when for the same money you could buy an uprated system Wink

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 20th Feb 2011 at 23:47
simonjames

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
When you have a factory original car all factory bits make a difference

All South Wales Members Click Here
Team Supercharged Black RALLYE ™ (Click Here for Build Project)
MY EBAY ITEMS

Posted 20th Feb 2011 at 23:54
d-london

Post #7
honestly3k wrote:
The standard stereos are w*nk anyway.

I dont see the point of paying peugeot to decode it when for the same money you could buy an uprated system Wink

I agree. But a new head unit won't fit the lopsided space will it? Is this a problem?
Posted 21st Feb 2011 at 00:04
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Lopsided space? LOL

I think you are referring to the front plastic fascia that comes away from the dash.

Its a regular rectangular spaced stereo holding car let me assure you. Smile

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 21st Feb 2011 at 00:06
d-london

Post #9
honestly3k wrote:
Lopsided space? LOL

I think you are referring to the front plastic fascia that comes away from the dash.

Honestly! Oh. Fantastic. The dumb beep at halfords told me I would have to "fill in" the recess.

Will I need a new CD player as well? Any tips on a decent headunit with MP3/ ipod capabilities? Is it easy to fit yourself?

Posted 21st Feb 2011 at 01:11
matt.gti6

Regular

Post #10
Its about £20 all in to get the code from Peugeot, I had to do it a while ago when I removed my stereo to fix a dodgy conneciton.
Posted 21st Feb 2011 at 18:07
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
d-london wrote:
honestly3k wrote:
Lopsided space? LOL

Honestly! Oh. Fantastic. The dumb beep at halfords told me I would have to "fill in" the recess.

Will I need a new CD player as well? Any tips on a decent headunit with MP3/ ipod capabilities? Is it easy to fit yourself?

LOL

The lopsided bit you are on about is just a piece of plastic that sits ontop of the front dash. Take it off and then you can remove the old stereo (which is rectangular LOL)

Some new stereos come with their own plastic replacement facia. Rectangular. The lopsided bit neednt be replaced as there is just plastic dash underneath it.

Go for something with USB flash drive port. I dont even bother with CD's. I just load all my music onto my 32gb flash drive and pop that in.

Job done! Smile

Posted 22nd Feb 2011 at 00:53
mrdeey

Regular

Post #12
try the suppling dealer , from the service book , worked for me!

now new booted , boosted and flying again!
Posted 22nd Feb 2011 at 01:05
d-london

Post #13
Much appreciated. Thank you. Been holding down the band button to turn on the radio, once you find the station it switches off! May upgrade the front speakers as well. Is it a smart move?
Posted 22nd Feb 2011 at 04:47
si_man306

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
Yes, it's very easy to do yourself (unclip plastic trim, unscrew speakers and detatch wiring plugs, then do the reverse with the new ones) although you need to be careful that you don't buy ones which are too deep as the space behind the speaker in the door is pretty thin. I've had 3 x 306's and always changed the spekers within the first couple of weeks of ownership- really improves it Wink

This place is one of the better ones to get some speakers from- if nothing else it's great for a browse...

caraudiosecurity

"Rules are for the interpretation of wisemen and the obedience of fools" (Colin Chapman, Lotus founder)
Posted 27th Jun 2011 at 16:58