displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: rear electric windows not working and headlight issues
zxturbo400

Regular

Post #1
Hi again, my friend has bought my old xtdt 306 which has had a hard time in the past few months, the rear windows dont work anymore, ive changed the switches and nothing still, the xtdt was the only phase 1 306 to come with electric rear windows, so its quite rare and ironically they dont work!

Also it has headlight problems, we fitted brand new bulbs and the dipped doesnt work, but the main does? the dash lights work but nothing comes back from the headlights them selves, help would be much appriciated!

cheers
Posted 10th Jan 2011 at 05:43
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
The headlights is probably the dim dip resistor, its a silver canister normally on the passenger side wing, usually up under the lip by the fuse/relay box. looks like this

For both of the windows to be not working i'd say it was a supply problem so check the fuses/relays and remove the switches and check there is a supply to them. Could also be an earth problem. or there is the possibility it could be the motors. Worst case scenario is fit some later phase rear window mechanism if you can find some (I would imagine they are easier to find than phase 1 ones).

When I've got time I forget what I wanted to do, and when I remember what I wanted to do, I have no time!
Posted 10th Jan 2011 at 14:40
zxturbo400

Regular

Post #3
well ive persuaded him to just convert to mechanical rear windows as its easier, i had a look a while ago and it wasnt the switches, and didnt see if power was going to them but couldnt be arsed with searching for earths etc

cheeers!
Posted 10th Jan 2011 at 20:48