displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: How low should I go
psjunkie

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Hi guys

I've bought some 50mm drop front springs to go on the bilsteins, how much should I lower the back down as it sits rear high as std. And want it to be more flat

Cheers!

1997 P1 Gti 6 Charged
Posted 8th Jan 2011 at 22:52
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
more flat = shit handling, needs to be slight nose down, just drop it the same amount.

50mm is too low on stock dampers torsion bars and basic lowering springs, 30mm is about the most you wan to go before upping spring rates.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th Jan 2011 at 23:09
speedo306

Regular

Post #3
welshpug! wrote:
more flat = shit handling, needs to be slight nose down, just drop it the same amount.

50mm is too low on stock dampers torsion bars and basic lowering springs, 30mm is about the most you wan to go before upping spring rates.

i bought a used pug sedan. after driving the car i found that it kept wiggling on me .

I changed my driveshaft the problem continued. After doing a thorough check realised the previous owner dropped the car 40mm on 1.6 206 springs.

I am now in the process of correcting this problem what is a suitable drop for a 6 and what dampers should i use to ensure a smooth ride

RJ
Posted 9th Jan 2011 at 05:10