displaying posts 1 to 10 of 10

Author Subject: looking to clear something up
tishockin

Regular

Post #1
hi there chaps

this has more than likely been asked before so sorry in advance!

im wondering about power output on later 306 gti-6s. iv heard from a few people now that the late phase 3s (mainly ones with sunroofs) have more power than the 167bhp book figure dew to a re designed sump and other bits and bobs.

was jsut wondering if this is the case and what the bhp figure is, as iv just baught a late phase 3 on a w plate, with the sunroof and sqaurer sump. just asking as i seem to here different fiqures form different people. some say 175 others 180 and others havnt heard of it before.

fiqured someone on here has got to know that facts on this. or if its just been made up of ego reasons lol

cheers

Dan
Posted 8th Jan 2011 at 02:30
kit

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
167bhp across all phases. The Rallye comes in at about 0.2 seconds quicker due to being lighter.

You will only ever see figures like 180bhp+ after stripping them and adding TB's, cam's, exhaust, etc, along with a remap.

A supercharger from Rich will see you past 230bhp on low boost and up to 500bhp on high boost.

Racing driver, fighter pilot, astronaut, compulsive liar.
Posted 8th Jan 2011 at 02:48
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #3
Utter rubbish. As said above all engines are the same.

There were some minor changes to a small number of parts during the production life of the engine but nothing that affects power output, and all the sumps are the same.

Rich
Posted 8th Jan 2011 at 02:55
tishockin

Regular

Post #4
thanks for the replys chaps sure was quick!
yea seem to here alot of different things on this. both a work friend of mine and the guy i baught the car off both said they thought they had a bit more and they are both pritty clue up on them.

then u chaps probably know the cars like the back of your hand so ur probably right.

makes you wonder where this extra talk came from tho?
Posted 8th Jan 2011 at 03:01
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #5
typical Rolling Road inaccuracies, or rather typical Rolling Road error margins rather too often taken as gospel by many.

plus the old "got a K&N, thats at least 10 BHP, fitted a zorst, thats another 10 bhp"

LOL

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th Jan 2011 at 03:06
tishockin

Regular

Post #6
yea i know lol the modding bullsh+$% talk! lol
i thought it was that too. but the chap i got it off had the car for 7 years and was 50 something ,and its totaly standard so hes well past the modding stage! lol. seemed to be fairly sure, but then who knows even pug told a small "fib" about the 0-60 being 8.5!? lol.

anyhow thanks for the quick response, interesting to know if anyone else has heard similar or if its just been made up here in deepest darkest cornwall!
Posted 8th Jan 2011 at 03:16
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #7
yeah the 0-60 was kinda fudged by peugeot as they did it 4 up and luggage afaik, not one up LOL

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th Jan 2011 at 03:39
tishockin

Regular

Post #8
well at least it make the insurance slightly less. those pessky french!
Posted 8th Jan 2011 at 03:40
gti-dan

Regular

Post #9
One heard that too but I've got a w reg with sunroof and squarish sump and it rolling raided at 157!
Posted 12th Jan 2011 at 02:54
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Due to slight timing differences some engines will make different power/torque. Mainly due to slight mistakes, not through anything else.

Nothing to see here
Posted 12th Jan 2011 at 03:02