displaying posts 1 to 10 of 10

Author Subject: What power will standard injectors cater for.
devere

Senior User

Post #1
Ive been searching the site all afternoon looking up injector stuff. What i want to know, is what power will the standard injectors handle?

This will be on a well modified engine, with high compression, big cams, jenveys etc. I need to know if i will be needing bigger than standard injectors.

So they arent maxxed out, i suppose if they could deal with 260hp, then they wouldnt be running flat out.

Will the standrard ones handle that? And if not, are there an recommendations for which sort of injectors to get? Im guessing something around either the 310 or 390cc would suffice based on previous experience... I did have some RC 310cc injectors from my honda project, but they seem to have vanished at the moment!!

Any advice would be a great help, and maybe where to get any injectors that might be needed. Cheers!
Posted 7th Jan 2011 at 22:10
devere

Senior User

Post #2
Just to add to this, not that anyone seems to have taken an interest. I have found the 310cc RC injectors i had laying about. Should they be able to handle a good bit of N/A power?
Posted 8th Jan 2011 at 22:40
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
standard will go to 240+ and 200 lbft.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th Jan 2011 at 23:07
devere

Senior User

Post #4
Ah good old boy! I new there was someone with a nugget of information about here somewhere!!!
Cheers!
Posted 8th Jan 2011 at 23:08
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #5
LOL I dont know exactly what their limit is, but that's what DrSarty had on his 2.2 Mi16 that ran the above figures (with standard head and exhaust cam)

Sandy mapped it, so he will be able to tell you how close they were to peak duty cycle, he may well advise what to try if they wont be suitable if you let him know what spec cams you aim to run.

Rich (DrSarty) went to an 8 injector setup after that I believe, Colin and Sandy are advocates of this kind of setup on decent length inlet tracts and high RPM, creates a more rounded performing engine I believe.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th Jan 2011 at 23:14
devere

Senior User

Post #6
Ahh i see. Will look into asking him then. Hopefully get my head ported and built up in the next week or so, so needing something to keep my PT84's running nicely! lol.
Posted 8th Jan 2011 at 23:13
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #7
take it easy with the porting is all I'd say Wink

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th Jan 2011 at 23:15
devere

Senior User

Post #8
Yeh, im giving it to an expert, so as he knows what he is doing il just go with his recommendations! More wanting him to build it all up for my, as i dont want to be dealing with modifying the oil spray bars myself. Cant find the time to put the car back together as it is!!
Posted 8th Jan 2011 at 23:16
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #9
Standard injectors are no good for 260bhp in a supercharged setup, for 260bhp low boost we had to run Bosch 440cc injectors...Yes

Stan.

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 9th Jan 2011 at 19:06
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #10
to be expected really, there's a lot more air going in even though they're "only" 260 bhp.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 9th Jan 2011 at 21:43