displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Another boot problem
pug1987

Regular

Post #1
Cannot open my boot, misses went shopping today and unlocked the car and tried to get into the boot, the button presses in and out but it seems as though the lock is still engaged so the boot cannot be opened tried the key but it only goes half way in.

Has happened a couple of times before but it usually works again of its own accord, any idea what it could be. Wouldn't bother me but she spilt milk over the passenger seat as the shopping had to go inside the car so gotta get it fixed.

Veni, Vidi, Spurius brutus detruncavi

Mr T. pitties the fool, Chuck Norris rips the fools f*ckin' head off.

PS3 id: DarkDestroyer87
Posted 21st Dec 2010 at 03:54
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Either warm the mech with a hairdryer or climb into the boot, take the wiper trim off and pull the cable to release it, open the boot and lube it with WD40 or similar.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 21st Dec 2010 at 13:14
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
happened on mine, did the second suggestion, take all apart, WD40 it all and it was fine, only happened once, and never again after that it was fine for months!

(awaits thread from the new owner Will, cant get into boot!) Shut up

Sad Ex-Black 6 Ninja - Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.
Posted 21st Dec 2010 at 18:45
vernam616

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
This happened to me this morning, the button was frozen solid, managed to free it a little with warm water, however the button stuck right back !

However gave it a gentle tap and it popped back out, only to find i couldnt re-open it, it just kept one pressing in and out as if it was locked

Ended up taking both car seats out, folding seat down, removing parcel shelf, remove the wiper motor trim, then find the connecting bar from the button had popped out of the latch, not nice doing all this shit in -10 Angry

Audi S3 Black Edition
Posted 21st Dec 2010 at 22:48
pug1987

Regular

Post #5
Thanks all will give em a try tomorrow

Veni, Vidi, Spurius brutus detruncavi

Mr T. pitties the fool, Chuck Norris rips the fools f*ckin' head off.

PS3 id: DarkDestroyer87
Posted 22nd Dec 2010 at 02:34