displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: fan fuse/relay?? blower motor
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #1
ok for those who live for the 306! i got in my filthy white car this morning and thankfully it was reasonably mild at 6.00am so wasn't too bad but the damned fan on the heater was refusing to work! i was already running late so had to quickly defrost the windscreen and demist then off to work! this evening i have had a good look at the manual to see if i could see which fuse it may be (if it is a fuse!) but from what i can see; it appears that the fuses that are mentioned with "fan" associated with them seem to control other things too and i still have radio, dash lights, heated rear etc, etc, so now i am a bit baffled! i tried the shunt fuse (dont ask me why) but this has had no effect could it be that the fan has just stopped working i.e. buggered; or is there a specific fuse/relay i should be checking?

really want to get this sorted asap before the next band of arctic weather hits us later this week!

many thanks; grumps

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 18th Dec 2010 at 18:54
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #2
well that was a great response! so after having a chat to thug he reckons the blower motor has probably gone caput! (simple fix he says; three screws) although having had a rumage about under the glove box and inadvertantly snapped some random pipe associated with aircon i cannot even see any screws to get at to start to remove the old one and investigate! any suggestions as to how to proceed?

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 18th Dec 2010 at 18:54
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
get a torch?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 18th Dec 2010 at 19:01
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #4
ok i've just read the blower squeek faq! doesn't appear too difficult! i'll get the knackered one out and see where we go with it!

Posted 18th Dec 2010 at 19:08
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #5
perhaps i should have posted this in general as it would appear to get a better response over there! Whistle

Posted 21st Dec 2010 at 17:32
will130787

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Have you changed the blower motor?

Do you lights on the heating panel work? The ac and recirc button?

Ex Astor 6 owner Sad

Also an Ex owner of a Bianca 6 Sad

Now an ex owner of a 2005 9-3 2.0T 210bhp Aero Swedish Saloon thing!! Soon to be 250bhp.... Superman

Now driving Mk5 Golf GTTdi, mile muncher

But still live for the 306 Ninja
Posted 2nd Jan 2011 at 22:33
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #7
no i havn't got around to sorting this yet and yes i have lights on the panel and a/c & recirc but the light on the actual fan contol switch is out the other two are still on. a friend suggested it may just be a resistor behind the control switch which can melt. i have been busy recently and just not had the time to investigate any further. it's ok unless it's very very cold as i still get residual heat demisting the screen and even have to turn the heat down on a long run on the motorway. it only really lets me down when its wet and at slow speeds so i have just adopted a demister pad for the time being. i will get round to sorting this eventually! Whistle

Posted 3rd Jan 2011 at 16:13