displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: airbag question phase 2.5
pug-gti-6

Regular

Post #1
I have just replaçed my seats and connected the airbags up, i dont have a light on the instrument panel. how can i find if the airbags work? ive got a momo wheel so the driver airbag is disabled. Since owning the car there has been no airbag light. the ecu is in plaçe. is there a relay by the fuse box for the airbags?

"if in doubt flat out"
Breaking 206 gti
Posted 10th Dec 2010 at 20:42
cooper666

Senior User

Post #2
have you checked to see if theres a bulb in the instrument cluster for the air bag

clio r27
ps3 id:cooperkloe

Posted 10th Dec 2010 at 21:31
pug-gti-6

Regular

Post #3
cooper666 wrote:
have you checked to see if theres a bulb in the instrument cluster for the air bag

Havent checked no. will check that. how do i reset the airbag ecu? is it dissconnect the battery for a few minutes.

"if in doubt flat out"
Breaking 206 gti
Posted 10th Dec 2010 at 21:38
pug-gti-6

Regular

Post #4
I have changed the bulb on the instrument panel. the airbag light is now on. anyone got any ideas how i can make sure the airbags work and to get the light to stay off.

"if in doubt flat out"
Breaking 206 gti
Posted 12th Dec 2010 at 02:49
gti6neil

Regular

Post #5
pug-gti-6 wrote:
I have changed the bulb on the instrument panel. the airbag light is now on. anyone got any ideas how i can make sure the airbags work and to get the light to stay off.

only way to test an air bag is to crash the car LOL Shock
i should just have confidence that they will work,the light can be put out by the use off a resistor in place off the drivers airbag think it has to be about 2.4 to 2.7 ohms to trick the ecu into thinking that the airbag is still in the circuit when it first turns on. then clear the fault codes in the ecu by pluging it into a diagnostic tool.Cool

yeah the zx td is back on the road front mounted intercooler fitted fuel pump tweaks now required + turbo adjustment
Posted 12th Dec 2010 at 03:40
pug-gti-6

Regular

Post #6
i removed the steering wheel and theres a wire thats been cut. do i solder the resistor onto that?

"if in doubt flat out"
Breaking 206 gti
Posted 12th Dec 2010 at 17:05