displaying posts 1 to 10 of 10

Author Subject: Stereo memory problem on phase 3
cornish_pug

Regular

Post #1
Hi guys, seem to have a problem with the memory on my phase 3 took the standard headunit out which was a CD player no make labeled on it but the model number is PU-2294A© put my sony headunit in now the memory doesn't work. Used the same wiring block as my phase 2, on my phase 2 I just plugged everything in and it was fine, i've noticed on the phase 3 the wiring block for the steering colum is different, so I can't use the steering colum kit from my phase 2, any help please guys much appreciated

Team Diesel
Posted 5th Dec 2010 at 22:48
fozzy_255

Senior User

Post #2
I had the same problem on mine, every time turned car on the cd would go back to the beginning. It turned out one of the wires on the loom had come adrift from the plug.

Check yours out see if its missing a wire to one of the pins in the plug
Posted 5th Dec 2010 at 22:53
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
I have this same problem. Something to do with there not being a permanent live feed when the car is switched off.

Not sure but you may have to switch some wires around...red swapped with yellow or something i heard.

Not exactly sure...not attempted to sort my problem out yet! LOL

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 5th Dec 2010 at 22:56
cornish_pug

Regular

Post #4
What colour is the memory wire on the phase 3 i've got a thin orange wire but it doesn't meet up with the memory wire from the block which on the sony is blue, they're in opposite slots so don't line up with each other, is this the problem?

Team Diesel
Posted 5th Dec 2010 at 23:19
andy306gti

Regular

Post #5
If I recall right the standard 306 wiring for the permanent and switched lives are reverse of convention. Be warned though I swapped them around on my sony loom and found out that the permanent is only fused at 5 amp so once I cranked it up it blew the fuse. I think the factory headunit draws its current from the switched feed rather than the permanent and only uses the permanent for its memory whereas my sony draws from the permanent and only uses the switched as a trigger. You can move the fuse in the fusebox to make the switched line permanent however my headunit kept draining the battery in this configuration and in the end I amped my rear speakers and just ran it off the 5amp which has been fine ever since.

Then again I did this almost 3 years ago and my memory of it is a little hazy.
Posted 5th Dec 2010 at 23:53
kingston509

Post #6
hi i sufferd same problem and just swapped the yellow and red wire and it solved it
Posted 7th Dec 2010 at 23:26
cornish_pug

Regular

Post #7
great, i'll swap the red and yellow over and see what happens.

Thanks for your help guys!!!

Team Diesel
Posted 10th Dec 2010 at 14:58
cooper666

Senior User

Post #8
theres two positions the fuse can go in in the lower fuse panel iirc it changes where the permanant live goes

fusebox clicky

scroll down till the picture of the lower fuse panel look at position 24 you will see it can be moved and that will swop the live feed over no need to cut/ change wires.Big grin

did this on mine with a sony head unit no problems so far

clio r27
ps3 id:cooperkloe

Posted 10th Dec 2010 at 21:40
cornish_pug

Regular

Post #9
sorted kingston509, swaped the red & yellow over and now it's all as is should be cheers mate Smile

Team Diesel
Posted 11th Dec 2010 at 02:21
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Well shit the bed I never knew that fuse could be moved Wink
Posted 11th Dec 2010 at 02:30