displaying posts 1 to 12 of 12

Author Subject: general bhp and best setup ?
j1mmy

Regular

Post #1
right as you all should know or most of you i have become a very happy an proud owner of a GTi 6 Big grin

Its on 118k cambelt @ 111k it has a pipercross viper induction kit the cold air feed is connected to the standard air feed that comes out from under the grill is this sufficient enough?

Also has a custom system now this is either gonna have to go or be altered its way to CHAVVY loud which is gonna be no good for the baby when born! Its a straight single box system thats twin exit i don't think there is a cat on it either! I'm thinking of having it cut down to single exit (will need new bumper) having a middle box put in? Not sure what to do cat wise?

My questions are what would be a good exhaust set up? Does anyone have any experiance with putting one through mot without a cat on?
Has any one any experiance with a induction kit, exhaust set up and then remaped? Is it worth remappin and does it make them any better on fuel lmao?

now a very happy an proud GTi6 owner! Big grin

TEAM: Blaze phase 2
TEAM: Off the road for now Sad

Nimrods going up 4 sale will be available in the next week! Pm if interested.
Posted 3rd Dec 2010 at 04:52
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
any exhaust with a cat will do you for an mot, and any aftermarket exhaust is going to be loud, personally i Love the magnex systems looks and sound but go to powerflow and get them to make you a system. they will make it how you want it and you get a lifetime guarantee with it as long as you own the car. As for mapping its not worth doing on a standard engine. maps are more suited to superchargers and turbo cars. you induction kit will be fine where it is aslong as you dont try driving through rivers r puddles deeper than ur bumper

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 3rd Dec 2010 at 05:04
j1mmy

Regular

Post #3
lmao dude i'd be to scared of it coming inside the interior lol Big grin

In the long run i'm thinking of eventually going down the supercharger route i was recently in my boss's jag xkr an loved the sound of the supercharger Big grin

The exhaust on it is custom think i will see what powerflow can do to it for me hopefully start by making it quiet lol i've had loud exhausts on other cars but never like this although its great when past 4k rev's an has a raspy sound Big grin

You reckon it'll go through mot without a cat?

Posted 3rd Dec 2010 at 05:23
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
you wont pass am mot without a cat on one of these mate

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 3rd Dec 2010 at 05:34
will130787

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Need a cat for an MOT mate!!

I have a 3" magnex with blueflame decat and it sounds nice although pretty loud

Ex Astor 6 owner Sad

Also an Ex owner of a Bianca 6 Sad

Now an ex owner of a 2005 9-3 2.0T 210bhp Aero Swedish Saloon thing!! Soon to be 250bhp.... Superman

Now driving Mk5 Golf GTTdi, mile muncher

But still live for the 306 Ninja
Posted 3rd Dec 2010 at 17:03
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
was there not a scorpian exhaust and a decat in the forsale section Devil

oh and btw the viper set up is fine, was the same on mine with magnex exhaust / decat @ 178.2bhp

Sad Ex-Black 6 Ninja - Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.
Posted 3rd Dec 2010 at 17:51
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
I'd recommend a Jetex, the quietest off the shelf system you can buy.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 3rd Dec 2010 at 18:27
j1mmy

Regular

Post #8
awesome thanks lads some helpful stuff there they should be 167bhp standard shouldn't they? I reckon its not far off that cause its bloody quick an performs really well! I love it just want to make exhaust quieter as its a ss system custom hopefully i can have another box welded in!

Posted 4th Dec 2010 at 02:37
j1mmy

Regular

Post #9
oecken wrote:

oh and btw the viper set up is fine, was the same on mine with magnex exhaust / decat @ 178.2bhp

Is it yourself selling this scorpian system ???

Posted 5th Dec 2010 at 01:08
gti6neil

Regular

Post #10
smegal wrote:
I'd recommend a Jetex, the quietest off the shelf system you can buy.
i have a jetex on my estate it sound nice especial when pushing it hard in the gears without being over noisy. but i'm running the cat still not interested in flatspots and mot failCrazy

yeah the zx td is back on the road front mounted intercooler fitted fuel pump tweaks now required + turbo adjustment
Posted 6th Dec 2010 at 06:58
gti6neil

Regular

Post #11
j1mmy wrote:
oecken wrote:

Is it yourself selling this scorpian system ???
i have tryed a couple of filter setups on mine but they have made the car fell slower and less responsiveUnsure

will wait to get it on the rollers in the new year see what shes pushing! to me the performance fells very strong 115789 mile on the clock and still running sweet as a nut not using any oil or water at all,just fitted a new t/b which has improved the engines performance and made it much quieter,the old belt was worn and loose and was making the cams sound noisy at idleHuh?

yeah the zx td is back on the road front mounted intercooler fitted fuel pump tweaks now required + turbo adjustment
Posted 6th Dec 2010 at 07:04
j1mmy

Regular

Post #12
awesome thanks for all your input lads i'd love to be able to get a jetex by the sound's of things but funds won't allow that at prescent so going to see if i can sort something out but there just maybe an exhaust and rear bumper up for sale soon because its dual exit an i'm not that keen on it really!

Posted 7th Dec 2010 at 07:09