displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Car not starting - need help!?!
speedo306

Regular

Post #1
I converted my automatic 1.6 ph3 car to a manual gti6 which was previously in ph2 pug. I am trying to start the car and it is not starting. All ground wires are intact, coil packs are good, crank sensors everything is in working order but the car just won't start. What can be my problem?

RJ
Posted 28th Nov 2010 at 22:34
brownboy

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
is it turning over ? could it be the ecu is locked?
Posted 29th Nov 2010 at 00:48
speedo306

Regular

Post #3
it's an open ecu and it is not turning over has anyone done this beforeDunno

RJ
Posted 29th Nov 2010 at 01:37
gti6neil

Regular

Post #4
automatic starter inhibiter circuit bridge the live switch to the starter to the battery it will probbly start. i have just done the same conversion on my 1.4 meridian estate which was a manual and did not have any problems i swaped the wiring from the bulkhead plug under the wiper motor and fitted an unlocked ecu no problems my engine was a 1998 phase 2 into a 2002 car.Big grin Big grin

yeah the zx td is back on the road front mounted intercooler fitted fuel pump tweaks now required + turbo adjustment
Posted 29th Nov 2010 at 04:22
speedo306

Regular

Post #5
quote:
gti6neil wrote:
automatic starter inhibiter circuit bridge the live switch to the starter to the battery it will probbly start. i have just done the same conversion on my 1.4 meridian estate which was a manual and did not have any problems i swaped the wiring from the bulkhead plug under the wiper motor and fitted an unlocked ecu no problems my engine was a 1998 phase 2 into a 2002 car.Big grin Big grin

this is a pic of my fuse box where in here do i need to bridge the live switch you are referring to?

speedo306 has attached the following image:

RJ
Posted 29th Nov 2010 at 08:11
gti6neil

Regular

Post #6
speedo306 wrote:
quote:
gti6neil wrote:
this is a pic of my fuse box where in here do i need to bridge the live switch you are referring to?
just put a piece of wire from the live battery terminal to the small wire on the starter motor see if it will turn the engine over

Cool i have had a look on autodata but with no joy on finding the relay the locks out the starter circuit i'm guessing its in the fuse box under the dashboard if this is any help.Big grin the picture you have posted is a phase 3 engine bay fuse box i would recomend fitting the phase 2 front end loom the only bits that are different are the headlight level motor plugs and the abs multiplugs phase 3 has one phase 2 has 2 plugs for the abs sub loom

yeah the zx td is back on the road front mounted intercooler fitted fuel pump tweaks now required + turbo adjustment
Posted 29th Nov 2010 at 23:07