displaying posts 26 to 38 of 38

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Charged Diablo(To be Bianca)
gti6dave

Regular

Post #26
Right then, about time i update thisRoll eyes

Did a trackday at llandow back in febuary which was great fun and the car performed well on the day although it made me realise i still have alot of work to get the car handling how i want it to.

Well shortly after the trackday my engine started breathing heavily and i suspect ring damage.

Since then it has sat in the workshop waiting to be looked at. But due to being very busy with work and getting my old cupra r back i haven't had much of a chance to work on it.

Well now the diablo no longer exists really just a bare shell as of last saturday.

I will be using a mint phase one bianca shell which i picked up with light front end damage. although it won't be staying as a phase one
Ninja

I have bought a set of pistons and rods for high boosting. Although i am still in two minds about whether to high boost it or notCrazy

So this is how it stands at the moment, hopefully get a bit more done this weekend.

Dave

Team Supercharged

Email:
davebrowse@hotmail.com

Posted 7th May 2011 at 05:16
CUJ

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Ah that's a bit crap Dave, the Diablo was going pretty well at Llandow too! Hope you manage the Bianca transplant, much better colour Razz

340 horses
Posted 7th May 2011 at 06:28
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
I like those top mounts.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 7th May 2011 at 19:13
gti6dave

Regular

Post #29
CUJ wrote:
Ah that's a bit crap Dave, the Diablo was going pretty well at Llandow too! Hope you manage the Bianca transplant, much better colour Razz

LOL ha yeah i prefer the bianca anyway, the diablo wasnt the tidiest of shells anyway.

Stripped the interior out of the bianca today which revealed cage mounting plates already welded in Shock . I knew the car had been used as a silvertone demo car but didn't think about that. I want to get a cage anyway so hopefully the bolt holes will line upLOL . Oh and i found £1.20 down the seats result!!Cool

Team Supercharged

Email:
davebrowse@hotmail.com

Posted 9th May 2011 at 02:07
lotek

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
gti6dave wrote:

Dave

Cupra! Love i want to get one of these when i sell the mondeo Next year
Posted 9th May 2011 at 02:12
gti6dave

Regular

Post #31
lotek wrote:

Cupra! Love i want to get one of these when i sell the mondeo Next year

Yeah it is a lovely car thats why i bought it back again after i sold it to a mate. Not as fun to drive as the 306 but alot more comfortable and easier to live with day to day than the 306LOL

Team Supercharged

Email:
davebrowse@hotmail.com

Posted 9th May 2011 at 02:24
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
So Dave, may I ask you what you think of the D2 coilovers? As i'm undecided to rather buy a D2 or a KW V2 inox. I know the KW's have a gret reputation but the D2 has those nice topmounts and the same specs as the KW and is also cheaper.
Posted 10th May 2011 at 15:20
gti6dave

Regular

Post #33
marco gti6 wrote:
So Dave, may I ask you what you think of the D2 coilovers? As i'm undecided to rather buy a D2 or a KW V2 inox. I know the KW's have a gret reputation but the D2 has those nice topmounts and the same specs as the KW and is also cheaper.

Yeah i'm happy with the coilovers, i have only used them for one trackday so far but done about 2 thousand miles on the road with them and at stock settings it isnt actually a bad ride. I can't compare them to kw's but i am really happy with the handling compared to standard. I have fiddled about with the settings a bit but to be honest i don't really know alot about setting suspension up although this is something i hope to get sorted when i build up my new car.

Team Supercharged

Email:
davebrowse@hotmail.com

Posted 10th May 2011 at 18:37
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
gti6dave wrote:
marco gti6 wrote:

Yeah i'm happy with the coilovers, i have only used them for one trackday so far but done about 2 thousand miles on the road with them and at stock settings it isnt actually a bad ride. I can't compare them to kw's but i am really happy with the handling compared to standard. I have fiddled about with the settings a bit but to be honest i don't really know alot about setting suspension up although this is something i hope to get sorted when i build up my new car.

Thanks for the reply mate think i'll go with the D2s then Thumbs up Are the rear shocks also adjustable in hardness?
Posted 10th May 2011 at 19:31
gti6dave

Regular

Post #35
marco gti6 wrote:
gti6dave wrote:
marco gti6 wrote:

Thanks for the reply mate think i'll go with the D2s then Thumbs up Are the rear shocks also adjustable in hardness?

Yes they are mate Smile

Team Supercharged

Email:
davebrowse@hotmail.com

Posted 11th May 2011 at 00:06
rikky 🦔

Post #36
the p1 late reg'd ex silverstone shell? think it's been repainted more than birk when he crashes LOL

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 11th May 2011 at 04:59
gti6dave

Regular

Post #37
rikky wrote:
the p1 late reg'd ex silverstone shell? think it's been repainted more than birk when he crashes LOL

Yeah i belive so, I thought it probaly would have had a respray at some point as the bodywork is so tidyWink

Team Supercharged

Email:
davebrowse@hotmail.com

Posted 11th May 2011 at 17:56
rikky 🦔

Post #38
it's had about 10 resprays but they are good because they are looked after when silverstone used them Yes dunno when they got shut of it though

mine's an R plate P1 ending in BKV too and i was told by the guy i bought mine off (even though it's an XSI) the same thing about silverstone in 2004 but don't see why they'd use an XSI and also never found anything else out about it

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 11th May 2011 at 18:20

Pages (2): 1 [2]