displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: door cards loose
j1mmy

Regular

Post #1
my front door cards aren't fixed to the doors properly they keep coming away from the door and have what looks like some sort of white sealant or glue on the clips that are supposed to hold them to the door! Has any one had this problem themselves? If so what is the solution to this problem? Unfortunately its an issue thats doing my head in an would like to solve if possible! Thanks in advance chap's an chapette's Smile

now a very happy an proud GTi6 owner! Big grin

TEAM: Blaze phase 2
TEAM: Off the road for now Sad

Nimrods going up 4 sale will be available in the next week! Pm if interested.
Posted 25th Nov 2010 at 04:07
lion king

Post #2
yeah i have this problem too. I can not seem to find the right clips to fix the card to the door either. its getting really annoying as when I close the door it falls off.

hopefully my reply will bump this thread up so we can both find a solution.
Posted 8th Jan 2011 at 23:29
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Buy some new clips from pug I assume you have the 3 bolts holding the card on ? one behind the window switch , one behind the the little bung and one up underneath the pull bit of the door ?

Also if the card its self is not hooked over the door/window bit at the top it will keep coming away Wink
Posted 8th Jan 2011 at 23:51
anth

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Not having it hooked over the door seal is the most common culprit.

If it still happens just buy new clips as mentioned, although I used one random clip from a VW I think under the door pin, that door card wont come off anymore unless its in pieces.
Posted 9th Jan 2011 at 00:08