displaying posts 1 to 15 of 15

Author Subject: R1 Bodies Help.
maz-306-xs

Senior User

Post #1
Evening all, you may know that ive recently made and fitted a yanni style R1 throttle body setup to my six.

My question for the gurus today is in regards to fueling, the car runs very well but i personaly feel that there is more power to be had from the throttle body setup.

im looking at either getting an adjustable fuel pressure regulator or looking to getting the cars standard ECU remapped to suit.

from you lot i would like;
names
links
companies
ideas

all help appreciated of course Big grin

Ninja

banned for drifting. back in the s**tbox scene.
Posted 23rd Nov 2010 at 22:38
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I Think the general concencus with mapping is that Wayne Schofield at chip wizards is your man.

Fueling wise I would imagine this could be done by remap assuming you are using standard injectors like Yanni did.

Imo those filters could do with being replaced by something a bit better which could help release a few extra horsies.

Ryan
Posted 23rd Nov 2010 at 22:46
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Fit a proper filter and airbox, those little cones ones are terrible.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 23rd Nov 2010 at 22:57
maz-306-xs

Senior User

Post #4
Cheers Ryan, just the info I was after, the filters aren't ideal but they do look smart. But how much of a difference would the filters make on this setup?

I shall give Wayne a tinkle tomorrow.

banned for drifting. back in the s**tbox scene.
Posted 23rd Nov 2010 at 22:59
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #5
A hell of a lot, notably on torque.

I do believe there are others that can map the MM1AP ecu, but who they are I don't know, so most opt for Wayne Schofield at Chipwizards, it costs £400 afaik.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 23rd Nov 2010 at 23:01
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
They tend to dampen the induction pulses so it can be a fair old difference.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 23rd Nov 2010 at 23:02
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
welshpug! wrote:
A hell of a lot, notably on torque.

I do believe there are others that can map the MM1AP ecu, but who they are I don't know, so most opt for Wayne Schofield at Chipwizards, it costs £400 afaik.

Midland performance centre claim to be able to, they quoted me 250 IIRC but that was about two years ago.
The guy I spoke to on the phone said he did his uni project on one and claimed fairly good gains from modifying the Tb and him mapping it.

Ryan
Posted 23rd Nov 2010 at 23:10
brownboy

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
You could always give these a call as there supose to be very good aswell for the throttle body set ups and can also do mapping
http://jc-webs.co.uk/mikeanics/tuning.htm
Posted 24th Nov 2010 at 00:53
lotek

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
longer inlet tract will be advantageous
Posted 24th Nov 2010 at 00:59
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
like so, colin satchell inlet on bike bodies. inlets uber long

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 24th Nov 2010 at 01:13
Pikey176

Post #11
Morning all, I am doing the same set up and following yanni's thread i have got the bodies all spaced out correctly and machined some connectors for the butterflies to open my next step i'm struggling with a bit is the blades i have removed them (rubber diaphragm and spring) but not too sure about filling the hole with silicon and metal resin i cant find any pictures of this step and don't want to cock it up! is it the whole recess under the black plastic cover or just the round hole on the side? i'm not a mechanic but quite capable around a 205 and i'm enjoying the challenge any help would be greatly received.
Thanks in advance
Wayne
Posted 7th Feb 2016 at 09:28
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
The ones I did I just did around the hole area, made sure it went into the actual bore of the throttle body a little then once set I sanded it back so it gave the throttle body a nice smooth bore.
I didn't get round to ever actually fitting or using mine though, ended up going down the supercharged route LOL

Like everyone said, Wayne schofield is said to be the man to map the standard ecu, when I wanted mine mapping I tried calling, leaving voicemails, texting and possibly emailing, but after several weeks of no response I gave up the idea and bought a Dta so I could get it mapped easier.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 7th Feb 2016 at 10:41
Pikey176

Post #13
prism7guy wrote:
The ones I did I just did around the hole area, made sure it went into the actual bore of the throttle body a little then once set I sanded it back so it gave the throttle body a nice smooth bore.
I didn't get round to ever actually fitting or using mine though, ended up going down the supercharged route LOL

Like everyone said, Wayne schofield is said to be the man to map the standard ecu, when I wanted mine mapping I tried calling, leaving voicemails, texting and possibly emailing, but after several weeks of no response I gave up the idea and bought a Dta so I could get it mapped easier.

Thanks for the advice mate, do you know of anyone that makes the plenum for this conversion?
I've had a good look about on the forum but not had any luck so far.
Cheers
Wayne
Posted 9th Feb 2016 at 21:30
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
I'm going to make my own. Just can't quite be arsed yet LOL

Nothing to see here
Posted 9th Feb 2016 at 21:34
Pikey176

Post #15
adam b wrote:
I'm going to make my own. Just can't quite be arsed yet LOL

Yeah I think I might have to as well just thought I would ask about first Whistle
Posted 9th Feb 2016 at 21:38