displaying posts 301 to 325 of 331

Pages (14): first .. 12 [13] 14

Author Subject: Bianca Ratlye
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #301
quote:
Nice update Thumbs up

I can't remember which other thread i mentioned trying the Nankang AR-1's instead of the R888R's but i seem to remember i got mine from JJC Race and Rally, think i got a set of four delivered for £320 or so, but thats in 195/50/15 82V.

[quote="99rallye"]Car looks amazing. There's always one designated dick at each track day!

Good work updating your pictures, I'm in the process of doing mine and it's painstaking!

I've just spent the last week doing them all over on my thread on 205drivers, and made a bit of a start on the project on this forum. If flickr pull a photobucket i'm not going to take any responsibility for my actions! Laugh

Goldie the track car.
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 22:26
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #302
quote:
[quote="tvrfan007"]
Negative of the day for me was the jumped up pen!s in a TTRS driving like a f**king maniac all day, should've been thrown off the trackday in the morning.

I think Jeremy Clarkson did say circa 2006 that all the w@nker$ had sold their BMWs and moved over to Audi.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 22:29
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #303
I hate to stereotype, but a young Chinese guy obviously being bankrolled by daddy at home. Javelin track day stickers all over his windscreen, so he'd done a few recently. Was telling the photographer when looking at his pics "I was faster than that car, was faster than that car" Roll eyes

Quattro and stability control making him look like a hero. Reminds me of the kebab eating gtr driver video on YouTube.

Guy in a beautiful v6 exige was steaming with him.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 22:35
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #304
Great update Si and hope to see some of you out on track mid next year Thumbs up
Posted 30th Nov 2017 at 07:20
oliverharveyuk@hotmail.co.uk

Regular

Post #305
It was great to meet you Si and to see your rallye in action, was very quick, credit it to your work! Hope I didn't look too stupid on the day, if your thinking of doing Bedford again in the future let me know Smile

98 Blaze 6 - Current
Posted 30th Nov 2017 at 12:13
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #306
Nice one Oliver. I have a lot of nice parts that i've magpied over the last few years. Would've been even quicker on track rubber as a few things were just a bit quicker in the bends but most things on track rubber were finding it quite tricky anyway.

I will be doing Bedford again next year at some point i'm sure as aside from Rockingham and Donington which are usually steep it's the nearest circuit. Booked Donington in January as it was a cheap day, hoping to have R888Rs on by then but will see what the weather does!

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 2nd Dec 2017 at 16:13
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #307
So I spent the whole day today just checking things over after the track day. The exhaust had rotated again between backbox and centre section, which leads to it rubbing the bumper and transmitting all sorts of awful racket into the cabin. It's easily fixed, but the clamp is as tight as it will go without snapping so i've lashed it full of gun gum this time too to try and stick it there. The design of the magnex is really poor tbh on the whole, why it only has two hangers and not 3 is beyond me as there's nothing to support the NS of the exhaust.

My power steering inlet pipe split again on the way home from the track. I need to rotate the pump inlet elbow slightly but it won't budge on the car. Made a better pipe anyway so will see if it last. Failing that I will rotate my spare pump's elbow off the car and then exchange it.

Failing that it seems to be working well, nothing major to report post track day although the brakes and tyres have taken an incredible amount of abuse and soldier on. Working towards some R888rs for the compos, but keeping an eye out for discount. Next track day booked for end of Jan.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 4th Dec 2017 at 18:50
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #308
How do you fair noise wise with a magnet on track? From memory isn’t it quit boomy on the road at motorway speed? I am thinking back around 10 years when I had mine though
Posted 4th Dec 2017 at 18:59
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #309
I was one of the quietest things at Bedford! On a driveby video it wasn't loud at all really and passed the noise test easily.

It isn't that loud to be honest, but then in a stripped out track car it's never gonna be quiet. Big grin

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 4th Dec 2017 at 19:05
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #310
Been a long time since I had onejust seem to remember driving in 5th rather than 6th to avoid the boom but that was a road car at the time and you don’t stay at any set speed on track lol but yeah if it will pass Bedford then it’ll pass anywhere as led to believe there ridiculously strict.

Guessing your fairly local if Bedford’s close?
Posted 4th Dec 2017 at 19:13
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #311
I'm in Rugby so not too far, it's 40 miles there I think. Easy run to get there.I have a xsara 5 speed box on anyway so no 6th fo me and no stupid right lock as I couldn't get out my driveway..

The noise was 87.5db static I think, and they had a one strike policy for noise on track which an evo fell foul of. I've still got the cat on though at the moment which makes a difference. I'm amazed that a couple of Hondas didn't trip it though as there was a 2000ish prelude that was ludicrously loud and hitting the limiter between changes.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 4th Dec 2017 at 19:51
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #312
Present to myself after Xmas, ahead of the next trackday..

New R888Rs now fitted to my Compos. Big grin

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 18th Jan 2018 at 15:18
3rd time lucky

Seasoned Pro

Post #313
Love much want

DIABLO GTI-6 - Legend - NILE GTI-6 - Sold
CHERRY GTI-6 P1 SUPERCHARGED - Broken up
BLACK RALLYE - Sold
205 Dturbo xud9 work horse - Dead
CHERRY RALLYE - new toy
Posted 18th Jan 2018 at 15:28
99rallye

Regular

Post #314
Soo fit!....good wheel whoring
Posted 19th Jan 2018 at 10:05
3rd time lucky

Seasoned Pro

Post #315
Very similar to my pro race 3’s except these have sharper edges and shorter spokes. I presume they are 15’s. I wanted the shorter spokes but I’ve got 17’s and the spokes are basically stretched marking them skinnier if you know what I mean.

DIABLO GTI-6 - Legend - NILE GTI-6 - Sold
CHERRY GTI-6 P1 SUPERCHARGED - Broken up
BLACK RALLYE - Sold
205 Dturbo xud9 work horse - Dead
CHERRY RALLYE - new toy
Posted 19th Jan 2018 at 12:18
oliverharveyuk@hotmail.co.uk

Regular

Post #316
Those wheels look epic!!

98 Blaze 6 - Current
Posted 19th Jan 2018 at 12:22
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #317
They're 17's, as I have 335mm front discs and 4 pots upfront. I like big brakes and I cannot lie.

Had them a while but just got around to getting the semi slicks on!

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 19th Jan 2018 at 12:52
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #318
205/40/17 tyres ?
7j x 17 ....ET ?

The best looking wheels by far ....I’ve got a set of MO5s myself same colour Thumbs up

I would be interested how you get on with them ....as all tyres ...you hear good and bad .

I’m a strong believer in it’s how the tyre acts to your setup and style of driving.
Posted 19th Jan 2018 at 12:56
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #319
You can see it on the bottom right wheel - 205/40/17. Smile

Never driven on any other semi slicks so can't be offering much of a comparison, but i'll be keen to try them out that's for sure.

Not even sure what compomotive alloy they are actually, bought them off here a long ass time ago! Before they went out of business!

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 19th Jan 2018 at 13:02
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #320
its an MO5 yes, compomotive are still going btw.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 19th Jan 2018 at 13:53
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #321
quote:
[quote="welshpug!"]its an MO5 yes, compomotive are still going btw.

As Mei said ...they are still going Just !!!
But don’t make as many sizes or style as before they went pop for a few days ....I was wondering the ET ?

Can see all the other sizing yes .

Mine are flatter face

You were a very lucky man to get those ... even if they were not cheap Whistle
Posted 19th Jan 2018 at 14:09
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #322
7j x 17 et 15 iirc. Lovely wheels..

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 19th Jan 2018 at 18:26
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #323
So off to Donington I went yesterday, armed with some semi-slicks. Got up there, swapped wheels, attended the safety briefing and then watched the heavens open as sighting laps commenced.....

It thoroughly p**sed it down for about an hour, meaning the track was pretty wet and getting wetter by the minute. Standing water running across the track in the middle of the craner curve means for some edgy moments in the morning with lots of people dropping it and causing track closure after track closure. There was a distinct lack of grip at McLeans and next to no grip at Coppice for most of the morning, at least for those of us FWD. There were a few rwd cars and 4wd cars that could drive out of the corner much better than my not-yet-bedded-in Toyos and diff could achieve. I found that if you did the same thing 3 times you got 3 different positions and had to really gingerly use the throttle all corner to come out with any sort of speed. The toyos are a lot squarer and i rolled the arch before but there was a light rub on the tyres so out came the jack handle to do some ghetto arch rolling... i'll tidy it up when i get a chance..

Track started to dry out around 11 o'clock and having managed just shy of 60 miles all morning on track i did just shy of 35 in one sitting, getting faster and faster and almost a gear higher consistently. Picked up a slight vibration and came into the pits to investigate and found the wheel bolts had come loose (torqued up when the wheels were swapped). Put it down to the load on the front left, but it happened again first session just after lunch. Bit more torque and they didn't come loose again that day, just got in the habit of checking all 16 with the torque wrench before going back out.

With the track shut for lunch more showers came and wetted the drying line again which wasn't ideal but with no more rain forecast it dried pretty quickly and was a real hoot after lunch. Berger came with me off here and had a couple goes in the car and it was great fun even as a passenger.

Morning pics:

Drying track...

Afternoon was a total hoot and levelled the playing field with the cars that had done well in the morning. Was with a golf r for a few laps which I didn't want to let past but he positioned himself in traffic such that I had to yield.Annoying as because he then held me up in braking and cornering and then he was 0.1mph faster on the straights and wouldn't let me past. Lasted a good few laps though without his brakes melting which i was surprised by. Couple of fiestas which were very surprising in terms of speed including 1 that was apparently a 1.0 EcoBoost but had an intercooler bigger than mine and he walked away on the wet track with his road tyres. It was faster than the Mk6 MR200 he was with which wasn't much slower than us.

Oil temps stable at 115 all day, coolant barely went above 85 all day so a good day in that respect though the dipstick for oil is on min which makes me think i'm losing a bit through the breather as I can't see any leaks anywhere and it was higher the day before. Will invest in a catch tank before the next day I think as the breather at the moment just runs to air but i've never lost any before..oddness.

There was a race truck that turned up with an M3 which you can see in the pics, another random race car, some hot rod thing, a bentley and a radical in a race track. Not sure radicals should be on track days tbh as they're stupidly fast. The Bentley came out in front of us after a track closure and then after 1 lap dropped it in the craner curves and went into the tyres.... uh oh. expensive mistake with lots of carbon bits on he recovery truck...

I've had a random issue a few times with fuse 25 blowing on the car, for instance it blew randomly last week when i was driving back with the toyos in the boot. I hadn't ever sat down to look for this, but knew which fuse it was and carried spares. The guide just says "5A clock/fuse" but mines' only ever had a 10A in and it was blowing. I put 3 in over the course of the morning and they lasted anything from 5 mins to 30 mins and each time it popped the speedo/revs/fuel gauge died - not handy on a trackday. I had to up to a 20A fuse which isn't ideal, but it worked for the rest of the day and got me home at which point I took it out. I could smell hot wiring when i was unloading the boot and putting a 10A into the circuit yielded a popped fuse instantly with ignition off. Quick look at the Haynes diagrams and lo and behold fuse 25 is boot light via the switch... which I don't have anymore. Turns out the idiot who owned the car before just cut the two wires, leaving them capable of touching each other but in this instance also shorting on the speaker wiring which is still there. I'll get rid of it at some point when i can be arsed, but with those taped up i'm back to a 5A fuse and no popping... result. This is why the lights weren't on in the pics above as i wasn't sure if it was related or not.

Now needs new brake fluid, pas elbow rotating and new fluid, new engine oil etc... All in the garage already but just need the time to service it. A good day all in.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 31st Jan 2018 at 20:33
Cjwatson27

Seasoned Pro

Post #324
Good photo of you chasing down the celica

Old pugs don't die they just get faster
Posted 31st Jan 2018 at 20:49
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #325
Aye there were two of them there. Both really clean and in good nick. They did well with 4wd in the morning but gobbled them up no issue in the afternoon!! And that's with my hamfisted and heavy footed-ness. LOL

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 31st Jan 2018 at 20:53

Pages (14): first .. 12 [13] 14