displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: My clutch
deli

Regular

Post #1
As some of u kno my clutch went the day after buying it lol.. i have the warranty documents come through today and clutch is covered only if its a mechaincal failure and not genral wear and tear...

So my question is, (without stripping it down) is there any way i can tell if its mechaincal failure or its worn?

It initially started when setting off from 1st it would make the car rattle n shake when setting off never really had any problems once it got going, then later in the afternoon i started to find it very difficult to get into gear and havnt drove it since, any advice appriciated.

Thanks xxnSmile

Phase 1 GTi-6
Posted 29th Oct 2010 at 23:02
deli

Regular

Post #2
Also what are the signs of a worn clutch Smile x

Phase 1 GTi-6
Posted 29th Oct 2010 at 23:11
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
Signs of a worn clutch in these is usually a very high biting point, or simply a slipping clutch.

If the pedal goes to the floor before disengaging (or not if its that bad) then it's likely to be a knackered self adjuster mechanism which is part of the cable.

Contaminated friction plates or warped flywheels/pressure plates can cause vibration or juddering on takeup, often exaggerated by wear in the engine mountings.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 29th Oct 2010 at 23:23