displaying posts 1 to 25 of 48

Pages (2): [1] 2

Author Subject: Track Car Styling
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
looking for some different designs of what to do with my 6. planning on stickering it up but dont no what to do with it just yet. this is how my 6 is looking at the minute and i like the look of this minuse the sound of silence and lawsons garage parts. could someone photoshop my 6 like this with the black masks?

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 16th Dec 2010 at 14:14
lotek

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Bottom pic looks good Yes

could even add a black FG bonnet
Posted 28th Oct 2010 at 21:37
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
if you could use my top pic and put the black around the bottom with black masks and black fg bonnet please Big grin not sure if i will keep the bonnet black or have it painted diablo again

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 28th Oct 2010 at 21:46
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #4
Chris i hate top sound funny but don't you need a working engine before you worry about how aesthetically appealing the car is???? Unsure

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 29th Oct 2010 at 05:17
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
yes but this is just for once i have that sorted LOL

Posted 29th Oct 2010 at 05:45
musclebeach

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Thats an awesome looking Diablo! Black around the bottom will look great!

VW Golf GT TDI 115, 100k nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Posted 29th Oct 2010 at 13:23
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
musclebeach wrote:
Thats an awesome looking Diablo! Black around the bottom will look great!

thanks Big grin just need someone to photoshop it for me

Posted 29th Oct 2010 at 20:08
musclebeach

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Just dooo iiiiit!

I'd just mask it if you can, i think it's called Masking anyway.

VW Golf GT TDI 115, 100k nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Posted 29th Oct 2010 at 22:43
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
I'll do a shop over the weekend for you, mind I did chrisd's and davey's? Busy the night but i'll have something for you tomorrow

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 29th Oct 2010 at 23:36
finchy

Post #10
tbh i think the pic of it with out the graphics and gay stuff on the lights looks nicer
if its gona be a track day car leave the outside as is but carbon bonnet+ boot and strip the insides with a cage that will look good
Posted 5th Dec 2010 at 14:36
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
interior is already fully stripped out with 2 bucket seats, i have also started painting the inside satin black as well. as for the bonnet i have a black fibreglass bonnet and thinking about getting a black boot lid.

Posted 5th Dec 2010 at 17:41
finchy

Post #12
i personally think fiberglass shold be pained same colour as the car but carbon fiber should be left bare or painted sol lightly you can still see the weave Smile
Posted 5th Dec 2010 at 18:49
finchy

Post #13
all you need now is a cage an id say thats a decent track day car focus entirly on suspesion brakes and engine Smile and stifeening it up all round
Posted 5th Dec 2010 at 18:51
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
Cage can wait as its just more weight. i like the bonnet black, shows its not standard Cool Brakes are sorted for now, i am running 406 brembos with 288mm discs.

i have a spare bottom end what i plan to to work on 1st. going to order parts from rich_w - Billet Steel Flywheels, Uprated Main & Big-end Bearings, uprated Head Gaskets with Head bolts, Alloy Engine Pulleys, rods and pistons. i have also been told a 406 2.1 hdi crank would be a good upgrade as well.

Posted 5th Dec 2010 at 19:14
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #15
I'd put the cage in next. Not least of which because you'd have safe places to anchor your harnesses rather than risk getting your shoulders crushed in a shunt.

I also hate to think what would happen to you if you're harnessed into a bucket and therefore can't move at all and the roof gets crushed into you...

Rich
Posted 5th Dec 2010 at 21:56
finchy

Post #16
the cage will stiffen the shell too get a good one though nickelson motorsports off drift works they do most of the bdc an edc cars and most of the the cages on driftworks

what are you planning to do supercharge it or keep n/a i have a rather nice turbo that will deal with between 300 right up to about 420 bhp if your interested lol a turbo one running the right management and accompnying parts will be a savage track car
Posted 5th Dec 2010 at 22:35
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
i no what yous are saying about cage 1st but i cant crash the car unless i have a decent running engine LOL i have a feeling i have a crack in the block or somethings warped as i am getting exhaust gasses into my cooling system. The 10point bolt in omp cages will be good enough for what i want? i dont want to have loads of unnecessary bars in the car adding more weight for nothing. caged up like this but with harnesses attached to the harness bars.

Posted 5th Dec 2010 at 23:13
finchy

Post #18
well if you decide to turbo it and go for real power pm me and il sell you a nice turbo lol
Posted 6th Dec 2010 at 00:00
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
eddy_gti6 wrote:
i no what yous are saying about cage 1st but i cant crash the car unless i have a decent running engine LOL i have a feeling i have a crack in the block or somethings warped as i am getting exhaust gasses into my cooling system. The 10point bolt in omp cages will be good enough for what i want? i dont want to have loads of unnecessary bars in the car adding more weight for nothing. caged up like this but with harnesses attached to the harness bars.

Seatbelt WTF Shock

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 6th Dec 2010 at 00:04
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #20
I'd not get a cage like that one, they wont save the car like a decent one will.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 6th Dec 2010 at 00:04
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #21
welshpug! wrote:
I'd not get a cage like that one, they wont save the car like a decent one will.

save the car or save my life? one hit or roll and the car will be f*cked no matter what cage. as for saving me. i would have thought that cage would be fine as a lot of people fit them and rate them to be good and for what i will be using the car for what? 10 maybe more maybe less track days a year. what would you recommend i fit?

Posted 6th Dec 2010 at 00:35
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
finchy wrote:
well if you decide to turbo it and go for real power pm me and il sell you a nice turbo lol

what do you mean by turbo? full kit or just turbo? LOL

Posted 6th Dec 2010 at 00:36
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #23
a decent gage will save a car in a roll or heavy knock, that one picture will simply rip the rear wheelarches apart.

anything that mounts to the boot floor rather than the arches basically Thumbs up

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 6th Dec 2010 at 00:40
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #24
thanks for the advice welshpug! i will look into it when the time comes, i have seen a few cages that go into the boot floor but there all weld in ones what wont really be a problem. also how would it rip out of the arches? it bolted to the floor behind the front seats and runs across the roof what i would have thought would stop it ripping out of the arches?

Posted 6th Dec 2010 at 01:03
chrisd306

Seasoned Pro

Post #25
ive got the 10 point bolt in omp cage and is ok for what i want and is good enough for rallying, i wouldnt like to go through the woods with it, but its fine for what i need and for the cost of it will do the job its better than not having a cage at all. as long as it stops me from being hurt not bothered about the car.

In my garage just now

2003 BMW M3 & 2009 L200 Raging Bull
& Audi Q5 S Line
AX stock rod & Saxo Stock rod
Sold the bike an charged rallye an bought a caravan, midlife crisis or what!
Posted 6th Dec 2010 at 01:27

Pages (2): [1] 2