displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: CD/USB remembering track position
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Got myself a sony head unit for the car which has obviously a single cd slot and a usb flash drive slot.

I had to buy an adapter from halfrauds to connect i think its a 16 pin connector into the back of the unit so i could use it.

There is still another cable which was plugged into the original clarion cd player (no slot for it on the new player) and also the radio aerial cable which i havent bought an adapter for yet and also isnt plugged in.

Player works fine but when i turn the car off and come back and switch it back on it doesnt pick up from where it left off in the midst of a track/cd.

Now even my Clarion remembered where it left off....and started again when i came back to it.

Is it because this other data cable isnt attached? Is there an adapter i can get to get it involved?

Very frustrating to have to start cd over and over again and find my place in the CD....

Is it the ECU that remembers track positions?

Any info welcomed, thanks.Unsure

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 20th Oct 2010 at 03:17
paulvt

Regular

Post #2
i had this problem all i did was swap the red and yellow 12v leads around on the back Smile

allesclar wrote: wrote:

the only kind of similarities of the xsi and a 6' is if you jumble the letters round to spell six Razz

Posted 20th Oct 2010 at 03:19
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
If i remember rightly...the cables enter the back in moulded square blocks of 4.
And there are 4 of them....do you mean just swapping a couple around should cure it?

Smile

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 20th Oct 2010 at 03:21
paulvt

Regular

Post #4
yes swap the yellow and red wires around, i used 2 crimp connector things but some have bullet connectors you can just swap Smile

allesclar wrote: wrote:

the only kind of similarities of the xsi and a 6' is if you jumble the letters round to spell six Razz

Posted 20th Oct 2010 at 03:23
bounty37

Junior User

Post #5
Basically the head unit needs a permanent live connection to remember settings and last playback position. CHeck the user manual for where the permanent live should be connected and then work out where that is coming in on the plug. If they dont match then that is the reason it cant remember where it was when you switched of.

I have got the same problem wiht the wifes Seat Leon at the minute. Just need to find time to have a look at it when I have changed the rear pads and the ball joints on my 306 Smile
Posted 20th Oct 2010 at 03:25
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Good response as always....

Cheers lads. Smile

Posted 20th Oct 2010 at 03:27