displaying posts 1 to 1 of 1

Author Subject: Starting Rallye after matrix change
vernam616

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Well last saturday i changed the matrix on the car, however because i snapped the pipes, i was unable to start the car to try it.

I received some new pipework from jonnie on thursday and set about yesterday on refitting, a little bit of grease and job was a goodun, refilled the coolant and i was away

However upon trying to start the battery was flat Angry (new bosch battery 3 months ago !), anyway after jumping it from my other car, it made a bit of a strange noise and misfired, after trying again it fired up and i let it run for a while, and it ran fine apart from now whenever you start it up, about 5 seconds into running, the 2 indicator lights on the clocks illuminate and make a "relay" click sound very breifly, which never happened before i dismantled the dash

also worried about the noise it made upon the first start up, im hoping its nothing to do with my water pump (with it being sat for a week with no coolant in

any advice/help appreciated

Audi S3 Black Edition
Posted 18th Oct 2010 at 01:34