displaying posts 76 to 100 of 103

Pages (5): first .. 3 [4] 5

Author Subject: Rallye Track Slag
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #76
Take it the 264 newman cams fit in no problem at all without and mods to the pistons then? Good outcome Thumbs up

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 2nd Jun 2011 at 06:47
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #77
Result! Now get a decent air filter in it before your engine ingests a stone or loose nut and destroys itself Wink

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 2nd Jun 2011 at 14:05
r4ly j

Regular

Post #78
Guna have to work on a filter.
Posted 2nd Jun 2011 at 18:20
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #79
r4ly j wrote:
Guna have to work on a filter.

I was looking at your setup and it's not going to be easy, what with the PAS pump in it's original location and your front mounted throttle cable means fitting a conventional dome type filter will be difficult at best.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Harness bars
Posted 2nd Jun 2011 at 18:24
ben306

Seasoned Pro

Post #80
Looking well. I'd love to have the dollar to go with TB's.

Hows it drive out on track? Done may track days in it now?

My 306 Rallye Project Thread

Few recent Youtube track videos, more on my channel
Pair of Rallye's doing a few laps of Anglesey

Lap of Anglesey Coastal

3 sisters circuit

Few laps at Blyton
Posted 2nd Jun 2011 at 18:29
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #81
ben306 wrote:

Buy cwspellowe's R1 TB setup? El cheapo Love

Harness bars
Posted 2nd Jun 2011 at 18:31
r4ly j

Regular

Post #82
It does look like it's going to be a pain in the ass, may mount sum sort of mesh between bonnet and grill to prevent any stones flicking up but. As you say my options are limited some wot as previous post state trumpets socks are useless. Any ideas would be greatfull.
Posted 2nd Jun 2011 at 18:38
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #83
r4ly j wrote:
It does look like it's going to be a pain in the ass, may mount sum sort of mesh between bonnet and grill to prevent any stones flicking up but. As you say my options are limited some wot as previous post state trumpets socks are useless. Any ideas would be greatfull.

I would try to find a way of closing in the top of your ally air scoop with a flat K&N style panel filter. Then knock up something to seal the back. It won't look particularly sexy, but nothing is ever going to look as good as open trumpets Wink

What you have to consider is the effects of going off into a gravel trap. It will be thrown everywhere under the engine bay as it hits the subframe and suspension arms and bulkhead, if you don't have something over the trumpets themselves you would be very lucky not to suck in some debris.

Harness bars
Posted 2nd Jun 2011 at 18:47
r4ly j

Regular

Post #84
ben306 wrote:

Well I'm buying a house nxt year so thought mite as well get it out the way before I'm really skint.

It drives spot on, troy from northampton motorsport did a spot on job with the mapping. Drives real smooth all the way threw the revs then goes made at abot 6500rpm to 7900rpm and the sound is just awesome.

Havnt done any trackdays with them yet but mite get a go this weekend at fcs, have done quite a few trackdays now and Germany three times. Forth in July. It's put alot of other higher power cars to shame purely with it cornering ability so should be interesting now.
Posted 2nd Jun 2011 at 18:48
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #85
Cracking result mate Cool

Troy seems to really know his stuff. Does all the work on my friends Westfield race car.

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 2nd Jun 2011 at 19:18
r4ly j

Regular

Post #86
Yeh he had some serious bits of kit in him workshop. Happy to explain what's going on aswel.
My main concern now is that producing that sort of power with standard internals, how long is it going to last??
Posted 2nd Jun 2011 at 19:48
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #87
r4ly j wrote:
Yeh he had some serious bits of kit in him workshop. Happy to explain what's going on aswel.
My main concern now is that producing that sort of power with standard internals, how long is it going to last??

Ages as long as you don't overheat it or over rev it. What oil are you planning to run? (sorry if its mentioned further back in the thread)

Harness bars
Posted 2nd Jun 2011 at 19:50
r4ly j

Regular

Post #88
Well I've fitted a 16 row mocal with thermo plate to keep oils down and even on the rollers after 3hours of thrashing the water temp only just topped 99degrees but mainly stayed at 86-96.
I'm running 5-30w valvoline fully synth.
Posted 2nd Jun 2011 at 19:57
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #89
r4ly j wrote:
Well I've fitted a 16 row mocal with thermo plate to keep oils down and even on the rollers after 3hours of thrashing the water temp only just topped 99degrees but mainly stayed at 86-96.
I'm running 5-30w valvoline fully synth.

5-30? Most serious track guys are on 15-50.

Harness bars
Posted 2nd Jun 2011 at 20:10
r4ly j

Regular

Post #90
Is that an issue??
Posted 2nd Jun 2011 at 20:29
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #91
r4ly j wrote:
Is that an issue??

Id say so, its not even the same spec as standard oil I don't think.

Harness bars
Posted 2nd Jun 2011 at 23:43
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #92
abit thin im sure, 15W50 mobil 1 motorsport is the kiddie for track work

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 3rd Jun 2011 at 00:05
r4ly j

Regular

Post #93
I thought anything over 10-40w was too thich for hydraulic lifter, suppose it would fine runner sonic lifters maybe.
It will be on the pug1off stand at the weekend so feel free to come say hi, stand will have lots of new and second hand standard and performance parts that mite be worth a look.
Posted 4th Jun 2011 at 00:16
matty_rallye

Senior User

Post #94
15-50 is fine with hydraulics, quite a few people use it with no issues at all.

2.1 16v 306 Rallye.
Posted 4th Jun 2011 at 00:34
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #95
r4ly j wrote:
I thought anything over 10-40w was too thich for hydraulic lifter, suppose it would fine runner sonic lifters maybe.
It will be on the pug1off stand at the weekend so feel free to come say hi, stand will have lots of new and second hand standard and performance parts that mite be worth a look.

No, it's fine, plus as temps go up film strength drasticly drops. Some oils loose as much as 50% by 100 degrees C. Plus most of these engines are worn a bit by now so the extra viscosity helps to keep oil pressures up at sensible levels. If a bearing is at the upper end of its tolerance it needs a lot more oil pressure to maintain adequate flow. 15-50 for the win.

Harness bars
Posted 4th Jun 2011 at 00:42
r4ly j

Regular

Post #96
Well aventually got everything done before French car show, up cleaning it till 10.30 the nite before where the keys also got locked in the ignition. After alot of swearing arm waving I come up with an idea and managed to break in with no damage, I'm not going to say how. Lol
Anyhow got to show nice and early and parked her up in full glory next to Chrisgti's rallye on the pug1off stand, got some pics off a friend because I didn't pic up a camera all day.

If anyone got any more pics feel free to post them up as these are all I have. Thankyou please.
Posted 9th Jun 2011 at 12:35
henrik c

Regular

Post #97
daveyboy wrote:

What intake air tempature sencor is this?

/Henrik C
Posted 17th Jun 2012 at 10:39
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #98
henrik c wrote:
daveyboy wrote:

The standard one that comes with the Omex/Jenvey kit. It just looks different because I made a custom bracket for it to prevent it suffering from heat soak.

Harness bars
Posted 18th Jun 2012 at 09:23
soton_s16

Senior User

Post #99
daveyboy wrote:
henrik c wrote:
daveyboy wrote:

The standard one that comes with the Omex/Jenvey kit. It just looks different because I made a custom bracket for it to prevent it suffering from heat soak.

Where did you get the heat shield form?

For all your Peugeot needs PugRacing.com
Gti S16 199bhp 164 ft lbs torques!
Posted 18th Jun 2012 at 10:12
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #100
I made it.

Harness bars
Posted 18th Jun 2012 at 12:40

Pages (5): first .. 3 [4] 5