displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: leaking coolant
tony1991

Regular

Post #1
i noticed car overheating other day so got it to my destination which was only few mmins away. let it cool filled it up. then when on my way home bout 10 mins drive gt really hot. i filled up again an it is just coming straight back out at back left of the engine bay im hopping its water pump thanks guys any thoughts would be great really need to get it repaired
Posted 10th Oct 2010 at 18:02
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
"im hopping its water pump".

First up, it'll be easier to diagnose if you stand on both legs. Secondly, why would you *want* it to be the water pump? Surely a bit of split hose would be preferable?

Basically without wanting to sound rude, no-one on here can see your car. Water can leak from absolutely anywhere coolant is, so all you can do is fill it up and take a look under the bonnet to see if you can see where it's coming from. However, it'll come down to one of two things; either you're capable of fixing it yourself (in which case I'm assuming you can find it yourself?) or you'll be giving it to a garage, in which case just get it booked in.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 11th Oct 2010 at 00:57