displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: running a engine in/mapping
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Im currently building a turbo gti6 with new pistons and rods however i am unsure how i am going to run it in and get it mapped!

I will be running the dta s40 pro that will need mapping but i wont want them to do it before the engine is run in.

I have been told that dta can do me a base map but it isnt a good idea to run the engine in with the base map!

Iv looked into the dyno test bed side of it but cant find a company that can set up the dta whilst its on the test bed!

What is the best way to run the engine in and get it mapped?

Thanks

Ollie
Posted 9th Oct 2010 at 23:41
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
IIRC Mark Shillaber at SRD has an engine dyno, Sandy has used it I believe so it may be worth a PM to Sandy Smile

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 9th Oct 2010 at 23:47
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Ok thanks mate, will have to have a chat with him when im back from afghan an the engine is built.
Posted 10th Oct 2010 at 00:18
dj_turbo

Regular

Post #4
Sandy / mark / jre all use alvins dyno so any of them could map the s40 for you i know mark was building his own dyno but dont think hes finished it yet.

Mine was mapped there by sandy.
Posted 10th Oct 2010 at 01:10
binkagti

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Take it to track and road mate, they have 2 engine dynos and can map anything for you

TEAM Supercharged Rallye

Posted 10th Oct 2010 at 01:18
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #6
binkagti wrote:
Take it to track and road mate, they have 2 engine dynos and can map anything for you

+1 Wink

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 12th Oct 2010 at 00:11