displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: front brakes keep clicking
stevevac43

Regular

Post #1
Hi guys, replaced discs and pads all round and the front o/s.keeps making a clicking/rubbing noise when braking and slight vibraition,its p*ssing me off.had the wheel off more times than i can remeber,even took it to NTS for them to check it but cant find anything,any ideas and help, from you guys.cheers steve
Posted 6th Oct 2010 at 14:26
jon kirby

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
worn sliders imo, pack them with as much copper grease as you can, should help a bit, otherwise new sliders/calipers or live with it Wink
Posted 6th Oct 2010 at 14:28
lotek

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
jon kirby wrote:
pack them with as much copper grease as you can

then scream in horror as it runs all over your discs and pads whilst driving, stopping you from braking Yes
Posted 6th Oct 2010 at 14:33
jon kirby

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Roll eyes, had worn sliders for the whole 6 years of 6 ownership, dipping them in copper grease every pre mot helped with the fact they were worn, the rubber boots then covered them, not once did i have an issue with grease covering either the disk or pads, but then having 6 years of 6 ownership and doing all the work myself clearly means i am a know nowt meff Whistle!
Posted 6th Oct 2010 at 15:31
lotek

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
nowt meff? Huh? WTF is that? LOL

you had it for 6 years and you diddnt put new calipers on it? shame on you LOL

pre mot bodges are pre mot bodges. but on a daily driver i wouldnt be doucing my brakes with copperslip, id much rather put new calipers on Roll eyes
Posted 6th Oct 2010 at 14:57
stevevac43

Regular

Post #6
Cheers guys. I will put some copper grease on it see If that helps it. And I will replace the calliper if I need to. Cheers.
Posted 6th Oct 2010 at 15:14
jon kirby

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
quote:
pre mot bodges are pre mot bodges

WTF! lubing the sliders is something i always do, prevents seizing didn't you know, i arn't saying slap it on all over, but i found applying the grease liberally on the sliders helped with the rattling issue quite alot. Either way my bodging must have been pretty special as in the 6 mots i put it thru it only ever failed twice, once on a fooked lambda, and the other time it sheared a hand brake cable during the test.
Posted 6th Oct 2010 at 15:30