displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: cams and ecu
5hane_222

Junior User

Post #1
im half way through engine rebuild and have had my cams reground to 262 inlet unsure of outlet but i know theres hardly a differance from the standard profile. when all built and running am i ok with the standard map on my ecu. what are my options+pricing to have the standard ecu mapped to suit cams etc? is it worth getting bigger injectors, fuel pump, fse and throttle body ported and polished if im not goning any further than cams and maybe r1 throttle bodys at a later date, thankyou
Posted 29th Sep 2010 at 22:54
309btcc

**DODGY SELLER**

Post #2
well this comes up all the time you are best too get a remap but with them cams being so mild i wouldnt bother wasten £500 as ecu will self learn too them mild changes the injectors are okay as they flow 300cc enough too see over 200bhp you will be also okay with the standard fuel preassure reg its 3bar so thats enough the oe fuel pump the same is strong enough you may see 180bhp with cams and bike bodies but if you go the bike bodies route then a remap is essential too get fuel air and ignition rite
Posted 30th Sep 2010 at 00:41