displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Indicators no longer work...
fbmmart

Junior User

Post #1
Problem solving time !

After stripping out alot of un wanted and needed wiring, my directional indicators don't work, but the hazards do. There is a violet wire live that comes from the hazard switch, which should go to a fused live according to the haynes manual, but it goes through the headlight aim adjuster. That's ok, but there is no live into or out of it.. When I bridge across, the headlights work fine..

Anyone got a an up to date wiring diagram for a R reg GTI-6 ? Or know what should be going on ?

Cheers !
Posted 29th Sep 2010 at 15:31
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
i think lotek had this problem a while back, possibly door loom related from his thread, im sure he must have fixed it by now LOL

Sad Ex-Black 6 Ninja - Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.
Posted 29th Sep 2010 at 18:43
lotek

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
turned out to be a fuse gone Yes a green one

number 28 or 38 iirc under steering wheel.

As for the fecking windows i gave up with the door loom wiring, just fixed central locking via loom and hard wired windows via fuse and 3-way switch LOL

Posted 12th Oct 2010 at 21:11