displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: No doubt a stupid question...
lucii

Regular

Post #1
Ive just seen a W reg GTI6 in China Blue that I like, it doesnt have cyclones, but some Pug wheels that looks like cyclones, but im sure they are diesel wheels?

I previously had a W reg one and it had cyclones...did they ever change the wheels on the later models?

Thanks!
Posted 24th Sep 2010 at 19:59
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
To the best of my knowledge - NO! :]

Cyclones are standard issue so sounds like a previous owner has changed them at some point. Bit of a pain in the arse but Cyclones can be had pretty cheaply for a set of 4 if you look hard enough! Smile

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 24th Sep 2010 at 20:04
lucii

Regular

Post #3
Are these cyclones? they dont look right but it may be ive had one too many cold tablets today lol.

http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1980962.htm
Posted 24th Sep 2010 at 20:24
cress87

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
There is another option wheel that was fitted to some cars. Post a photo of them.

Edit: No, those heaps of w*nk are off a 206. Yes

Ph3 China blue GTi-6 330Ci///M Sport & NC23 CBR400RR Cool

You feed beefburgers to swans. Yes

I may have been speeding Mr Policeman but [a] I live for the 306 and [b] did you see that dog? omfg
Posted 24th Sep 2010 at 20:26
bennn

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
lucii wrote:
Are these cyclones? they dont look right but it may be ive had one too many cold tablets today lol.

http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1980962.htm

No those are early 206 GTI alloys they arent as wide and the offset is wrong for a 306, they look pretty nasty too.

As said though you should be able to pick up a set of cyclones with tyres for just over £100

Cherry Red 306 HDI
Championship White Integra DC5 Type R
Posted 24th Sep 2010 at 20:28
lucii

Regular

Post #6
Thanks guys! I didnt think they looked right.

I dont want to start with the hassle of finding wheels etc. Ive just bought my first property and id like to 'swap' my 306 diesel for a yet another standard GTi6...nice simple no hassle would be nice lol.
Posted 24th Sep 2010 at 20:37
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Check the Peugeots for sale section you can pick up a nice looked after example from there Smile

Just keep your eye out there wasnt any when i was looking for mine (apart from mine) then when i had bought it loads of nice ones popped up! Sods law.

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 24th Sep 2010 at 22:45