displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: question about spacers
loftlex

Junior User

Post #1
i bought some 15mm hubcentric spacers off ebay,, the frons are fine bit the rears just catch the inner arch,,, i dont want to spend loads more money so if i bought some 3-5mm spacers and put them behind the hubcentric spacers to push the wheels out just a few more mm,, will this be safe? has any one ever done this? i should be getting some standard alloys in the next 2 weeks,, but i am a bit paronoid about them just touching,,,,

GTI wanna be Sad ---In a puff of black smoke and a whistle,,, i was gone Smile
Posted 24th Sep 2010 at 03:43
simonjames

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
First question what offset wheels you running? a 15mm spacer on a 306 is only suitable for a wheel with an offset of 30-33 if the offset number is greater, then the spacer needs to be thicker as the ideal offset for 306 is ET15-18

I.E wheel ET40the spacer needs to be 22-25mm thick

All South Wales Members Click Here
Team Supercharged Black RALLYE ™ (Click Here for Build Project)
MY EBAY ITEMS

Posted 24th Sep 2010 at 04:28
loftlex

Junior User

Post #3
you'll have to forgive my ignorance, but i have not got a clue,, i have 16" OZ racing alloys with low profile tyres

Posted 24th Sep 2010 at 04:35
loftlex

Junior User

Post #4
i got them cheap the seller said they will fit on a ford/peugeot fitment, sorry if i am a bit vague,, but i dont know much about cars,, thats why i am trying to get rid of them and get some standard 14" alloys,, i sould be picking some up on tuesday next week Smile

Posted 24th Sep 2010 at 04:41
simonjames

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
On the back of the wheel somewhere will be a stamp ET?? that is your wheels offset, the smaller the number the further out in the arch the wheel sits

All South Wales Members Click Here
Team Supercharged Black RALLYE ™ (Click Here for Build Project)
MY EBAY ITEMS

Posted 24th Sep 2010 at 05:00
loftlex

Junior User

Post #6
my car is in the garage atm,, i am getting all the lowered suspension taken off and all factory suspension put back on,, it should have been ready yesterday,, but my mechanic is snowed under,, so hopefully it will be done today or monday at the latest Smile then i'll take a wheel off and have a look,, but just out of intrest is it safe to stack spacers,, i was going to put a 3mm steel spacer on the drum and my 15mm alloy hubsentric spacer on the front, just to give it the clearance needed to stop rubbing the body work?

Posted 24th Sep 2010 at 13:48
loftlex

Junior User

Post #7
but saying that,, why spend money when i should have the factory 14" wheels on tuesday,, that is if the seller has not sold them to anyone else Sad

Posted 24th Sep 2010 at 13:49