displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: engine mount
monkgti

Regular

Post #1
well guys, im thinking of getting an uprated lower engine mount as there seems to be alot of give in it and mabey it will solve my vibration problem when accelerating from a stop up to about 10mph, but the thing is i dont want to make the car too rough by getting too hard of a mount, (i had a group N lower mount in the 106 gti and it really made a big difference to on/off throttle and gear changes but it made the car very rough, with the engine running it could be felt through the dash and steering wheel) so is there any uprated mount that wouldnt be too hard and cause this in the 306 or is there no way of avoiding this with anything other than standard mounts?

IF YOU CAN READ THIS IM STILL IN 5TH!!!
Posted 23rd Sep 2010 at 00:30
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #2
Use a standard mount in the bottom and chock the top mount if you have excessive movement.

The mounts are unlikely to be the cause of vibrations when setting off though. More likely to be clutch / flywheel or CV joints.

Rich
Posted 23rd Sep 2010 at 00:39
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
it wont stop vibration LOL

but it will reduce the engine movement significantly as logn as the top mounting is in good condition as well.

personally on a road car I would get an o.e bush, they are stiffer than any other aftermarket item I've used so far.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 23rd Sep 2010 at 00:40
monkgti

Regular

Post #4
well i just thought it might help as someone said it might be mounts on another thread i had about it, as ive checked drives andCV's and they are all perfect and i cant find anything else loose or gone in the front... Sad
well actually not that yee mention it i checked the top mount aswell and it seems to move a good bit, from what i can see its as if the rubber parts have wore a bit as there is a little gap between them and the metal part surrounding them, is there meant to be a slight gap or should the rubber be thight against the metal?

when you say "chock" the top mount how do i do this?

IF YOU CAN READ THIS IM STILL IN 5TH!!!
Posted 23rd Sep 2010 at 00:51
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #5
I wouldn't bother with chocks, just get a new mounting.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 23rd Sep 2010 at 00:59