displaying posts 126 to 134 of 134

Pages (6): first .. 4 5 [6]

Author Subject: Mount mod!!
pottsy

Seasoned Pro

Post #126
When I was under mine I pushed the exhaust and watched where the engine moved. Had already renewed top mount so knew any movement there was just normal.
Traced engine movement to bottom mount and then took me AGES to work out why it was moving so much as it looked in perfect condition LOL
The difference once changed was unbelieveable. No amount of wedging on the top mount will stop it moving at the bottom mount. Best way is to get under car and move exhaust as I say. To start with I thought the manifold was loose it seemed to move so strangely.

Impreza Turbo 2000 (every day car)
Peugeot 309 MI16 track car
Posted 26th Aug 2004 at 13:47
Adam PV

AKA jjfukkard

Post #127
quote:
When I was under mine I pushed the exhaust and watched where the engine moved. Had already renewed top mount so knew any movement there was just normal.
Traced engine movement to bottom mount and then took me AGES to work out why it was moving so much as it looked in perfect condition LOL
The difference once changed was unbelieveable. No amount of wedging on the top mount will stop it moving at the bottom mount. Best way is to get under car and move exhaust as I say. To start with I thought the manifold was loose it seemed to move so strangely.

Sounds like the problem I'm having. Would a mech want much to sort it out?

JJ

Blessed are the cheesemakers...and all purveyors of dairy products....
Posted 26th Aug 2004 at 14:51
WillGTi6

Senior User

Post #128
Jimmy, is the plate you've welded in to fix the dreaded cracked bodywork or is it to fix engine movement or both. If its to fix the crack can you please explain in detail what you have had done ad mine is in dire need of welding to fix the crack before my engine falls out! (not literally obviously) Wink

Posted 26th Aug 2004 at 15:17
Adam PV

AKA jjfukkard

Post #129
Yes, this I could use also Razz

JJ

Blessed are the cheesemakers...and all purveyors of dairy products....
Posted 26th Aug 2004 at 15:19
justin

Senior User

Post #130
Thats a pig of a job! Ok i like a challenge how do i take the driveshaft out please ?

time for a new sig!
Posted 26th Aug 2004 at 15:33
jimmy_boy

Senior User

Post #131
quote:
Jimmy, is the plate you've welded in to fix the dreaded cracked bodywork or is it to fix engine movement or both.

Both! Yes

quote:
If its to fix the crack can you please explain in detail what you have had done ad mine is in dire need of welding to fix the crack before my engine falls out! (not literally obviously) Wink

I can't now cos I need pictures and i'm at work ...

Dom told me how to do it but my brother did the work while I took photos! (and was firewatching Wink )

Will post pics as soon as I get Broadband back again Smile

GTI-6 & Rallye

Rallye gets sideways in the wet at Snetterton Ninja
Posted 26th Aug 2004 at 15:57
WillGTi6

Senior User

Post #132
Broadband back yet Jimmy? Really interested in those pics Whistle

Posted 30th Aug 2004 at 15:43
rallyecomms

Seasoned Pro

Post #133
need to say a big thanks to dom!! your a star man! I did this at the weekend, and it pretty much stopped the weird noise the exhaust was making!! Cheers!

Road Rally car - Manstone Ph3 GTI-6. Quaife ATB, hydraulic handbrake, OMP Cage and loads of other rally crap!
Rally Car - Ford Olympic Blue!. Quaife ATB, hydraulic handbrake, Safety devices cage, GpN Pug Sport kit!
Posted 30th Aug 2004 at 15:46
dommorton Forum Admin

Post #134
Blush
Posted 9th Nov 2006 at 03:52

Pages (6): first .. 4 5 [6]

This thread has been locked