displaying posts 26 to 32 of 32

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Head Gasket/Coolant Problem?
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #26
if you can, try and do the compression test cold, you can see if there's any water in the bores from the condition of the plugs too.

heard of many gti6's that do the slight misfire and slight pressurisation of the cooling system and still drive really good, till one day that startup misfire wont clear, and the oil in the sump is brown creamy shit!

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 24th Sep 2010 at 03:08
vernam616

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
welshpug! wrote:
if you can, try and do the compression test cold, you can see if there's any water in the bores from the condition of the plugs too.

heard of many gti6's that do the slight misfire and slight pressurisation of the cooling system and still drive really good, till one day that startup misfire wont clear, and the oil in the sump is brown creamy shit!

Unfortunatly i wont be able to, as ill have to drive the car to the mechanics Sad, looking at the oil on the dipstick and on the cap, its as golden brown as the day i put it in (around 2-3k ago)

Fingers crossed this is a really simple problem, but its now looking more and more complex, in a year and half of owning the GTi-6 it let me down once by the spring snapping, ive had this since march and its let me down on numerous occasions

Thanks for the help Thumbs up

Audi S3 Black Edition
Posted 24th Sep 2010 at 03:17
paul_13

Senior User

Post #28
No worries best of luck, hopefully it's not the worst scenario.

205 GTI6- Rebuilt engine, lightened flywheel, lightened pulley, 307 hdi brakes, Koni struts on gravel spec springs, 22mm TB's, 24mm ARB, Roll cage, Citreon ZX rear dampers, SL434's, Xsara box, Quickrack, Pipercross enclosed induction kit. Smile

Private work, not a prob Smile
Posted 24th Sep 2010 at 03:21
sammy

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
sounds similar to my problems, I have white smoke blowing out when it gets warm and you can smell water. I dont a comression test and no1 pot was down on pressure and the spark plug was damp and coverd in a rusty sort of deposit... and the outcome, Head gasket. Its going to be rebuilt, for the second time now.

Team Moonstone - GTi 6
Team Audi TT 1.8t 225 quattro AmD stage 1 - 255.47 horses!

PS3 id - SammyThePirate
Posted 24th Sep 2010 at 17:52
vernam616

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
Problem solved !

Thankfully my HG test proved ok, compression test on all cylinders showed 175-190psi on all cylinders Happy

All boiled down to my rad cap leaking Angry, something i changed first however realised that ECP had given me a second hand part

anyway im pleased now until the next time something happens LOL

Thanks to everyone who input Thumbs up

Audi S3 Black Edition
Posted 26th Sep 2010 at 00:13
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #31
Keep an eye on it. A leaking radiator cap wouldn't cause white smoke from the exhaust or coolant pressurisation.

Rich
Posted 27th Sep 2010 at 01:28
vernam616

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
Rich E wrote:
Keep an eye on it. A leaking radiator cap wouldn't cause white smoke from the exhaust or coolant pressurisation.

Looks as if you were correct !

Can you shed any light on the problem i now have Whistle
(see other thread in engines)

Audi S3 Black Edition
Posted 28th Sep 2010 at 22:09

Pages (2): 1 [2]